Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-03-2011, 10:56 PM   #1
deanwells
Starter Motor

Default ford falcon forte 2002 wagon exhaust

Hi All, Im new here, hope this hasnt been posted already.
The exhaust has fallen off my ford falcon forte ,2002, I am just wondering what a fair price to have that replaced is? And also if there is anyone in the inner west area of sydney, (camperdown, newtown, alexandria, kind of area)
that is a good place to get this done.
The large round part of the exhaust that sits underneath the car is totally detached from the pipe that runs up to the engine, and it is just hanging there.
Thanks for any help you can give me.

deanwells is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2011, 11:59 PM   #2
4VCLEVO
XA GT

Standard exhaust should be around $250 from an exhaust shop, a sports 2 1/2 inch exhaust should be around $350.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:57 AM   #3
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Um, have you tried pushing the muffler back onto the tailpipe and doing up the clamp. If it's hanging you may have just broknn one of the rubber rings that hold the exhaust up. Get under the car and have a look, you may find it's easily fixable without having to buy a new exhaust.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2011, 02:14 PM   #4
deanwells
Starter Motor

thanks guys, @bushbasher, the pipe was totally detatched from the exhaust and u could see that it had snapped off. it wasnt just the clamps. Thanks tho.
@4vclevo, u were spot on, exhaust was 250 plus labour.
deanwells is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post