Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-03-2011, 10:25 PM   #1
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Default Short History of FORD ... where it all started.

The T model FORD started it all for the way cars were massed produced and arguably the most successful car. Over 15 million cars were driven off the production line ..... for those who haven't seen the short video it makes for interesting viewing. Great little film and everyone can have a history lesson.

http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?video_id=S4KrIMZpwCY

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2011, 10:44 PM   #2
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

I could use one today.

My ol' man was born in 1903 and in 1925 was a jackaroo out in the Warren Trangie district of NSW. Every year the Boss brought a Model T & passed down last years T to the Manager. The manager passed his down to the Chief Overseer and the Chief Overseer passed his 3 year old T down to the Outstation Overseer, this gentleman then passed his 4 year old T down to the Station Jackaroos.
Evidently on Friday nights everyone in Trangie knew when the Jackaroos were driving into town in their T cause you could here the big ends knocking a couple of miles out of town.
Yousee, the Boss obviously a great horse n' buggy man, only had one rule about the Model T's he brought and that was 'it had oil in it when he brought it and he couldn't see why it wouldn't have oil in it now'.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.

Last edited by Burnout; 09-03-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2011, 10:54 PM   #3
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Great clip Dave, I've done heaps of reading up on fords history and it's quite interesting.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2011, 12:13 AM   #4
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice!!!
Old 10-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #5
4.0i_SiX
SiX_iN_a_RoW

hehe that thing traversed terrain that todays softroaders wouldnt even get close to
Old 10-03-2011, 07:58 PM   #6
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0i_SiX
hehe that thing traversed terrain that todays softroaders wouldnt even get close to
I thought exactly the same thing when i saw that
Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2011, 10:43 PM   #7
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up

Great vid. I love Ford history and Model T's
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2011, 10:04 AM   #8
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i was looking at the Ford Australia information center's website yesterday, their 'short history of ford' is about 3 or 4 pages long! (every model released and major milestones).

isn't the 'any color so long as it's black' a myth?
Old 11-03-2011, 10:32 PM   #9
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Only because people say you could only get model T's in black, which was only the case during a certain period of the T's build period. At certain times you could get the T in other colours as well, but when Henry was trying to get the quickest build times he could get he started painting them all black because black dried quicker. Before that they were available in a number of colours, maybe even later on he changed back to offering other colours when they introduced a different type of paint that dried even quicker, I think.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2011, 06:55 PM   #10
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Model T's were assembled in different factories around the world including Australia, not just the US. Maybe that "Any color as long as it's black" only applied to US-built Model T Fords?
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2011, 02:07 PM   #11
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I was only referring to US built Model T's.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post