Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 23-03-2011, 12:34 PM   #1
Fiestaman

Default WT Fiesta Powershift shift points

In 1st and 2nd gear the transmission shifts up at over 3,000 rpm even on the lightest throttle and then flicks through the other gears at low revs. Very annoying when you are going slowly and just want it to change at, say, 2,300 rpm.
Dealer said they could reset the CAM which would reset default factory settings but is there anyway of remapping the shift points via the Ford service computer or does it require a new chip?
Dealer also said the box "learns" driving style but this has made no difference and it still revs its head off.

Also when you take your foot off the brake to begin accelerating the car moves forward slightly with a bit of vibration/shudder which disappears as soon as you depress the accelerator and pick up speed. Anyone else experienced this?

Fiestaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #2
Caydus

Default Re: WT Fiesta Powershift shift points

Yea, i've been having issues pretty much exactly like that.

When moving through low speed traffic and trying to minimize braking, the car shudders heavily if i take my foot off the accelerator suddenly after a period of slow acceleration at sub 20kph speeds.

about to bring it up on my 3000km service tomorrow, so see what happens i suppose
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #3
Fiestaman

Can you ask the dealer if there is any way to alter shift points ? Seems it is a technical issue the dealers don't know much about.

Would like to hear what they say.
Fiestaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #4
somers181

I mentioned this a few weeks back as i was experiencing the same thing and was told to change the style of my driving!!!!! Its a pig to drive in peak hour traffic, i had one instance when it suddenly jerks forward when you lightly touch the accelerator and almost hit the guy in front. Im due for my 3,000 check soon too but was told this is only a check up, they do not service the car or change the oil, just check and make adjustments if necessary. I was told to keep a list of any faults/problems and they would look at it then...... this is top of my list, second is the carpet on the drivers side pulling away from the floor, looks like it was made to short/small and you can see the floor through the gap.........
Old 24-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #5
Caydus

Just dropped the car off for the 3k service, told them of the problem, they said they'll investigate it for me. Fingers crossed
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #6
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caydus
Just dropped the car off for the 3k service, told them of the problem, they said they'll investigate it for me. Fingers crossed
Dont get your hopes up bud, most oz ford dealers dont even seem to know which end of the fiesta is the front, let alone fix any problems.
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2011, 04:42 AM   #7
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Its not a fault, thats how the car shifts. Its a manual gearbox that is controlled by a computer. Its not a TRUE automatic.

Just imagine that you where driving it as a manual instead of an automatic.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post