Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-04-2011, 12:04 AM   #1
BradZ
I'm still alive

Default Tinted Headlights

Hey all, me and my mate have been slowly adding bits and peices to his car over a few months, sub, amp, footwell lights, tinted lights etc. Yes whilst this is nothing new, no other cars in our small town have done it, only about 2 others have subs, just so you know, so it makes his car stand out a bit. Flame suit on, but its a gold VX S. And I've niteshaded his rear lights and indicators, and we've had the windows tinted so its got sort of a black and gold theme happening.

Alright, no you know my reason for asking.

I've been pondering about nightshading the headlights. Obviously not the headlight itself, but buying a plastic cover and tinting it. My question is, apart from the obvious ( taking it off when the lights need to be turned on) is there anything law related i have to worry about? As long as the indicator shines through, it IS legal, right?

Visual
-Lowered on SSSL's
-5000k Headlight conversion
-DJR Bobtail
-Darkest legal tint
-Tinted taillights

Audio
-Ford Premium Sound
-Pioneer 1000W 12'' Sub
-Pioneer Class D Digital 800W Amp

Performance
-Custom Cold Air Intake

Build Thread http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11344773
BradZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2011, 12:12 AM   #2
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Default Re: Tinted Headlights

Thats how i understood the tinting laws, so long as the indicator shows through in broad daylight theres no issue. Once night comes, it has to come off.

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2011, 12:18 AM   #3
BradZ
I'm still alive

Yeah, thanks for that. Thats the good thing about VHT NiteShade though. His taillights ( bar the silver bit for blinkers, masked it off) they're jet black but they shine through like they're un painted.

Visual
-Lowered on SSSL's
-5000k Headlight conversion
-DJR Bobtail
-Darkest legal tint
-Tinted taillights

Audio
-Ford Premium Sound
-Pioneer 1000W 12'' Sub
-Pioneer Class D Digital 800W Amp

Performance
-Custom Cold Air Intake

Build Thread http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11344773
BradZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2011, 01:19 PM   #4
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just be careful with tinting tail lights. Its not about being able to see them its about being able to see them from a certain distance away from the car. In Vic its illegal to tint your tail lights and change the ADR compliance of the tail lights. Not sure about the headlights.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2011, 02:06 PM   #5
Zero_PSI
Banned

I wish there was hardly any cars in my town with subs. So sick of hearing chris browns crap at 10000db
Zero_PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post