Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-04-2011, 11:43 AM   #61
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Default Re: Lets do a Poll- IF YOU COULD DO ANYTHING TO YOUR FORD, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

For my current car:
BA XT 3V : 6spd manual conversion, PD supercharger, very loud exhaust, custom leather interior

Other dreams
P5 LTD with a worked 460 under the bonnet
Fox Mustang with a modded 5.0L, maybe stroker
Neat EB XR8 with a worked weezor and manual trans

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2011, 01:21 PM   #62
2002au
Define definitive

Default Re: Lets do a Poll- IF YOU COULD DO ANYTHING TO YOUR FORD, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

put a fg f6 typhoon engine into my xr6, along with the 6 speed manual and running gear, air bag suspension, rebel kit, leather interior, and a massive shed for it!

id also buy a new gt-p, and a xa gt for dad and a 300c for mum (she loves them) along with MANY other cars
BF F6 TYPHOON in NEO #718 ~ 356rwkw :
BF XR6 TURBO in SILHOUETTE
2002au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2011, 03:18 PM   #63
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if i had all the money in the world i`d have a pretty good fleet of good FPV stuff in the garage, but as my daily is an s2 AU xr6, i`d refurbish it to new specs (except for my koni`s and 18" shadow chromes) and fit a 6 speed auto to it with a 4.11 diff change, possibly fit the speed sensitive steering rack to it.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2011, 05:33 PM   #64
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

I've just decided, I'd go back in time, buy x2; XY GTHO, XB GT coupe, XB GT sedan, XR GT. (nah, bugger it, may as well have all of them - but these are my personal favourites.)
One of each in auto, one of each in manual. Fully optioned.

I would also take back a book showing results on every sporting event of the year I'm in, bet big on all of it... put the winning's money in a savings account so that I can afford to keep all those cars in the future.

I would build an underground garage on a vacant lot (which I would have the title to) to store all the cars, under covers as airsealed as possible.
The keys for the building would be locked in a metal box - to bury in the desert at a specific longitude/latitude point.
All council rates, power/water bills (whatever), car rego, etc would be paid in advance from the savings account so that no one messes with the property.

I would use my vast fortune to create a GT replica company. We would build EXACT replicas of all of the GTs.

We can all dream.
Old 15-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #65
megaphat

Drop 500kg and two cylinders to get some reasonable fuel economy...

Seriously though, I'd like to give it an LSD so it can grip a bit better on wet hills.
megaphat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2011, 06:45 PM   #66
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd also get myself another

ED XR6 with the DJR bodykit but keep the XR bootlip
Full atomic rebuild of the engine, bolt on a TD-06 turbo, with a big enough front mount but not too laggy
Kaaz 2 way diff
rebuilt straight cut 5 speed
Full adjustable coil over suspension front and rear set up for drift
Bride interior retrim with Bride front seats
remove rear seats, replace with 6-point cage and carpet the floor
17x9.5 fronts, 17x10.5 Work Meisters, stretch the tyres
flare the wheel arches
as low as possible

Ooooyeah
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #67
gtfpv
GT

boring i know , but i'd keep it stock , and just update every couple of years .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #68
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
boring i know , but i'd keep it stock , and just update every couple of years .
not at all mate, if your happy with it why change.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #69
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sell my 2007 BFII XT for $10,000,000,000.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2011, 07:40 PM   #70
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
Given the way Ferrari's have turned into fireballs lately, I think our Fords are much safer...

Definately be safer, once it's built properly, with this engine

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #71
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigrobinson
Yeh good call. lol. so how about we make it a bit fairer. Instead of any amount of money, lets make so that you have $40,000 to spend. how does that sound? it would make it a bit more realistic.what does everyone else think??????

Judging by some of the posts after this comment, obviously not.

Never mind.

Mine would be an easy one then. $1 for the fuel and matches, which leaves me $39,999 to blow on a stinker hemi powered Centura. One supercharged 245 or 265 thank you very much, followed by a Tremec 5 slot and a 4.11 geared and spooled 9". Reckon I'd have 4 or 5 grand left to blow on fuel.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 15-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #72
tezxr8man
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm working towards mine , basically think of a modern interpretation of the HO, a track weapon you can drive to the shops in, everything needed nothing you don't, so stroker AU with coilover suspension bulletproof driveline, bigger brakes ala BA/FG GT and an awesome soundtrack
keep it fairly simple and enjoyable
tezxr8man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #73
Zero_PSI
Banned

Big block....
Zero_PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2011, 07:53 PM   #74
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pair of altezzas, cut da springs, turboo exhaust mate and pumping sound system....

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2011, 08:23 PM   #75
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
Pair of altezzas, cut da springs, turboo exhaust mate and pumping sound system....

HAHAHAHA , Drive a modded car without a mono brow
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2011, 12:07 AM   #76
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaphat
Drop 500kg and two cylinders to get some reasonable fuel economy...

Seriously though, I'd like to give it an LSD so it can grip a bit better on wet hills.
I'm thinking of dropping 300kg and 3 cylinders in reality lol (XR5 Focus)

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2011, 12:59 AM   #77
Linkachu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Buy a Bugatti Veyron and slap a Ford badge on it.
It'd be the equivalent of chev badges on commodores.

Id also have some stupid story as to why i can do this and research it so that it does seem logical when i explain it to silly Holden drivers with chev badges.
Linkachu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2011, 01:29 AM   #78
351p6replica
Banned

lm running old skool zh p6 replica for me if money was a plenty .hmm mini tubs air bags the biggest ford engine out with a blower reachin sky high, suicide rear doors 2 inch chop, maybe eithe fibroglass tilt front or the lighter stuff,wicked shifting shades paint 22s on all 4 corners and those cool spoked gold rims with the nascar centres quick change nascar diff , full p6 ltd interior in soft leather and gauges somehow done digital but still look old skool and cant forget roll cage an 2 dvds in head rests for kids with a ps3, thats all ld want oh an for the hell of it flame throwers from the pipes and a end less tank of hi octain race fuel and slick in trunk for drags
351p6replica is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2011, 07:52 AM   #79
Lewy

Trade My ute in for a Aston Martin BD9
Old 16-04-2011, 09:53 AM   #80
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkachu
Buy a Bugatti Veyron and slap a Ford badge on it.
It'd be the equivalent of chev badges on commodores.

Id also have some stupid story as to why i can do this and research it so that it does seem logical when i explain it to silly Holden drivers with chev badges.

Only problem there, is Holden have Chev motors in them. They are also a Chev in the USA.

So the only silly thing here is your quote, as Bugatti ain't owned by Ford, have no Ford parts fitted, so your logic is out the window.

Old 16-04-2011, 10:07 AM   #81
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

All the money in the world ? ? ? ? ?

Spend $50 on petrol, burn my BA, and go buy a $300 000 merc................
AC/DC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post