Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-05-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
RepSpec
Formerly XG-Panelvanman

Default car insurance questions

My insurance is due soon and was doing a few quick quotes on line and ran into some questions

first question:
im turning 25 in december and after that i wont have an age excess and insurance should be cheaper. so do i pay 12months insurance and get a rebate from them or do i pay by the month, or should i call them?

2nd question
if my car is listed as been garaged and i stay at a mates and its parked on the street and gets nicked or damaged am i still covered?

final question
best insurer? im currently with just car although i have no modifications (previous car did and just rolled over). looking at aami.

BA MK2 Wagon, dedicated LPG, white.

modifications:
cargo barriers, tow bar
RepSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: car insurance questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepSpec
My insurance is due soon and was doing a few quick quotes on line and ran into some questions

first question:
im turning 25 in december and after that i wont have an age excess and insurance should be cheaper. so do i pay 12months insurance and get a rebate from them or do i pay by the month, or should i call them?

2nd question
if my car is listed as been garaged and i stay at a mates and its parked on the street and gets nicked or damaged am i still covered?

final question
best insurer? im currently with just car although i have no modifications (previous car did and just rolled over). looking at aami.

1. It may make a difference to the premium, but when you hit 25 the age will not apply.

2. It should be covered, just need to check with insurance company.

3. Do the ring around and find the best company for you.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2011, 02:22 PM   #3
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled
3. Do the ring around and find the best company for you.
thats the best advice any one can give you,

the right insurance company for you probably isnt the right one for me, and you will find that perhaps the cheapest premium isnt the best one for you. so ring arround read the PDS's and check them on line, when you think you have it sused post back up and ask for opinions from exisitng customers and see how they feel abotu the way the prefered company deals with claims and go from there

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2011, 09:36 PM   #4
venthan87
Starter Motor

Jump on to all of their websites and get a quote. Thats what I did and found the best one for me. Try iselect.com.au
venthan87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2011, 09:54 PM   #5
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 

Have a look at this thread and perhaps add Lumleys to your list of who to shop.

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11332048

Cheers
Gaela

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2011, 10:11 PM   #6
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepSpec

first question:

2nd question

final question
1. Depends on what you can afford - if you cancel your insurance - u will get a refund of the unused amount, but if your car is a write-off - u loose any amount remaining, or they will take out the remaining from the pay pay out if u pay month by month.

Read the PDS - AAMI will pay stuff all, but NRMA will payout upto $500 for unspecified goods, and another $500 for a baby car seat ontop of your insured amount - if it was theft or malicious damage, NRMA will give you a hire car for 2 weeks free; AAMI will not...

AAMI charge more for 24 and under, whereas NRMA charges more for 25 and under...

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post