Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-06-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
dexxl
Starter Motor

Default Car Brokers Brisbane?

can anyone recommend me a good car broker in Brisbane? I've got a LPG '05 falcon ute (style sides) and I want a falcon wagon LPG similar age.

Thanks

dexxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #2
PimpMyHubcap
You wanna do what??

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Article supplied on BA IRS oil change 
Default Re: Car Brokers Brisbane?

I`m going with a car broker tomorrow to some auctions near Eagle Farm so I `ll let you know dexxl.

Cleaning wheelie bins-
Cats are good too. Fill to about 20cm with water, add soap and cat. Hold lid firmly closed for two minutes. Be sure to stand well clear when releasing cat.

All Whirlpool gold.
PimpMyHubcap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2011, 09:15 PM   #3
dexxl
Starter Motor

ok thanks
dexxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2011, 10:00 PM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

car search brokers are okay...

But dont expect to get a swap.. they have to make money too!
Smoke Pursuit is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2011, 11:03 PM   #5
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why would you want to use a broker?
A broker will try to sell you a car from one of his wholesaler mates which means both of them need to get a feed out of the deal.He will also only try to sell you a car that he can get access to,which potentially eliminates hundreds of other cars that he can't get access to.
Why not just go to one of the major auction houses and cut out all the middle men?The argument that usually gets parroted by people who don't know what they are talking about in relation to buying something unknown just doesn't hold any water.The cars in the dealerships come from auctions and any money you may have to spend on the car will probably be less than what you will save by not paying for a dealer or broker's next holiday.
Old 24-06-2011, 07:24 AM   #6
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

My parents used a broker to get their Forrester, the broker attended the auctions, found the car they wanted for the price they wanted. They were really happy with the outcome. The broker was based at Breaky Creek, I'll find out who it was and let you know.

I don't know how you'll go with a trade in, but it's worth a try, you never know if you don't ask!

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #7
PimpMyHubcap
You wanna do what??

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Article supplied on BA IRS oil change 

Found out I was wasting my time at the auctions with my criteria. The place I went to has maybe 2/3 of the amount of cars that they usually have. The floods and people wanting used cars has them scraping for stock.

The guy gave me the advice of hitting private owners and maybe finding one who lowers their price enough. Might try that but it looks like I will be waiting till mid august for that private sale 03 BA Futura ($3000, lowered, mags & CAI) to come up for sale. Hope the Hundy lasts that long

Cheers

Cleaning wheelie bins-
Cats are good too. Fill to about 20cm with water, add soap and cat. Hold lid firmly closed for two minutes. Be sure to stand well clear when releasing cat.

All Whirlpool gold.
PimpMyHubcap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2011, 05:42 PM   #8
FTE72
Red is nice Mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezzy
My parents used a broker to get their Forrester, the broker attended the auctions, found the car they wanted for the price they wanted. They were really happy with the outcome. The broker was based at Breaky Creek, I'll find out who it was and let you know.
If you are talking about a bloke called Greg at BCC?, he is awesome and no nonsense.
Brokers make most of their money from the dealer. Most of us would only buy a car once or twice every 5-10 years, dealers tend to look after these brokers as they turn over a lot more cars(ideally several deals a week) 10 deals for $200 margin is still better than 1 deal for $1000 margin. The dealer gets turnover without the hassle of dealing and negotiating with Joe Public. This is where the dealer can make back some money by saving staff time.
Yes you may get a better deal running around yourself, but you probably won't, and you will spend more of your own time talking to "salespeople" .
A good broker can be a minor cost but a major convenience.
TE 50 #72 Blueprint & TS 50 #105 Blueprint
:
FTE72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #9
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

No, it was Autorequest - they deal with a lot of Qfleet stuff apparently.

I will note when I asked my mum about it tonight she wasn't quite as happy as she was when she first got the car. She is however, incredibly hard to please...she got a Forrester (and not a base spec) that was a year old for 20k, just on 70k on the clock.

If you go through any broker, do your homework, and make sure you thoroughly inspect the vehicle yourself as well.

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post