Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-06-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
toycollector10
Starter Motor

Default Can you identify these brochures?

Hi all, I'm a newbie here. This looks like a great website. Are the brochures pictured of any value. I believe the XY one has been reproduced. How can I tell if I have an original?

toycollector10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2011, 04:33 PM   #2
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 
Default Re: Can you identify these brochures?

Well the top 3 are for 1993/1994 EBII-ED Falcons and the utes. I probably wouldn't say they'd be worth too much (if anything) at the moment - wait another 10-15 years and then possibly you might get a little something from a serious collector.

For perspective I just paid $30 for a brochure printed in 1973/1974 for XB wagons.
Old 26-06-2011, 05:26 PM   #3
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes well...once upon a time they knew how to advertise cars properly. Everyone still knows "Football, meat pies, kangaroos, and Holden cars", and "Going Ford is the going thing", and memorable campaigns like that.

I look at the brochure they gave us for our G6E when we bought it (a generic Falcon one covering all the variants), and the cover says "Feel the difference". That's the sort of thing you put on a clothing shop window. Inside the brochure there's no real slogans after that...merely headings with a short description of the features. Bland.

When it comes to marketing, the best product in the world won't sell if a poor marketing campaign lets it down.

Interesting point about differential between models in the range not being "enough".
I look at the page showing the range from XT, G series, and XR. They all, unless you look close, look like the same car with different wheels and different colours...maybe a small bit of chrome here and there, slightly different grill design, but nothing really major.
There just seems to be a bit of penny-pinching nowadays from all makers...some throw a little more money at thier premium or performance models, but they could all do better. They used to once, but not anymore. Look at the highly visible difference between, say, the AU Falcon and the AU XR6 Falcon. There was no mistaking which was which back then.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #4
fakegt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I bought a couple of the XY Repro ones through Aus Muscle Car Sales about 2 years ago for about $20 each I think.
Search Ebay for a valuation on the one you have.
Cheers, Dave