Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #31
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Megane Trophy breaks FWD 'Ring record

RS 500?

Ford claimed an 8 minute flat time was within reach, but I can't find any official times, if it was even tested.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #32
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
RS 500?

Ford claimed an 8 minute flat time was within reach, but I can't find any official times, if it was even tested.
Forgot about the 500, i had a look and couldnt find anything either.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2011, 09:07 PM   #33
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Forgot about the 500, i had a look and couldnt find anything either.
same, on the RS500 site there is video of one of the Rally drivers doing laps of the 'ring. Haven't looked yet to see if they were timed or not though.
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2011, 11:56 PM   #34
Danny
GT4.

Tis a very impressive result, one that (understandably) is going off over at OZRenaultsport between the 250 owners. It's nice to get validation like this on something you have purchased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
Much less... about $10k less. Of course, the Focus RS is a limited edition with a lot of one-off tech.
b0son, you forgot to add that these are a limited edition OS as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman
This car is a beast, recently there was a wheels magazine comparo on it, and to my suprise it took the Focus RS to the cleaners along with the WRX and many other hot hatches, and yet id still prefer an RS lol.
Latest Wheels mag Pits the SV6 Commo, Subaru WRX, MX5 Mazda, XR6T ute and Megane RS250 against each other to find the best sports car for under $45k (although I have no idea what the SV6 was doing in it). Megane won that as well (along with some fine comments about the XR6T Ute which I was also chuffed with )

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
This Megane is the one with the cage in the rear?
No cage in the rear, in fact the differences are only black wheels with red outlining, a special Victory Yellow colour, with a black roof, 15hp Extra, and a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Tyres in lieu of the Contisport Contact CS5 that come on the standard 19"s. Oh and don't forget the obligatory Renaultsport tradition of special "Trophy" decals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyDUZ747
Wow,not suprised though tbh.They punch well above their weight class.

I remember test driving the Renault Clio Sport(125odd fwkw N/A)8 years ago and wow what a little well ballanced pocket rocket it was,can only imagine what this would be like.
Have had both. They really are amazing cars. It never fails to boggle my mind at what RenaultSport can do with a hatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Molloy
Look to be around the $50-55k mark, not too bad considering
Yeah, I got my 2-Fiddy for low $50's
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2011, 01:05 AM   #35
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's the difference between the 'Ring and a "normal" race track or drag strip. Any car can be set up to give an amazing time on the dragstrip...but you probably wouldn't want to drive it on the road with that setup. A car can be setup for various race tracks, short and long, twisty and ones with long straights.
The 'Ring however is long, and comprises a bit of everything...long straights, sweeping curves, tight corners, esses, the lot. Not to mention the fact it is far from "race track smooth" in a lot of places. Most of the cars that run around there aren't full-on race cars, they are well setup street cars that people drive to the track and drive home again.
You just know that any car that can shine at the 'Ring is going to be a pretty sweet street car and can cope with a bit of everything.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2011, 02:52 AM   #36
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Didnt they run the Hsv VT GTS around there against the BMW M5?
I think it was 2000. Anyone remember the times?
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2011, 06:23 PM   #37
Honest Gaza

Have had mine for just over a week now.....luvin' it

Those asking about price....they start from $46K drive Away (Cup Version)

The Trophee version has a few added features which increases the price to approx $52K Drive Away...and then you can also option Leather Recaros, Bi-Xeon Headlights and Front Sensors on top of that.
Honest Gaza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post