Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 10:03 PM   #31
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

Default Re: The carbon tax and Aussie car making

Sudzy maybe you have missed the part where we are the only nation to have a "national" carbon tax so we are either smarter than every other country or Gillard has less brain matter than any other national leader.

You treat everyone here as if they are as dumb as a post box but in fact it is you who needs the education here, people don't like "lier's" and thats exactly what she has turned out to be since elected.

On topic, you seem not to care about workers business or national icons if they don't fit into your perfect little fantasy land.

Take your own advice and PROVE your facts rather than just trying to claim your some saviour believe me your **** stinks more than most.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
Old 12-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #32
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudszy
Dont know what you've been reading, but have just checked the data at:
http://www.climatechange.gov.au/publ...ojections.aspx

The current aim is to reduce emissions to 5% below the levels they were in 2000.
2000: 558Mt CO2 less 5% = 530Mt

That's to reduce output to 530Mt by the year 2020,

current output(you've got that part right) = 578Mt

so its a reduction!

The projected figure for 2020 with no action/carbon tax/reductions/ forecasts 690Mt, perhaps that is the bit you misread?
Impressive - I note the Prime Minister has stated on more than one occasion in the last few weeks the Aussie Carbon Tax will be the equivalent of removing 24 million cars from the road......... The 24 million figure is the same as the Chinese Government has predicted to take to the Road in china this decade..... A real reduction in Global Carbon Emissions.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:25 PM   #33
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray38l
Another thing that makes no sense is they want to encourage farmers to get rid of there farting cattle and plant trees instead.
It's has been noted for a number of years that 'Roos don't fart. The bacterium which prevents roos from farting has been identified as being compatible with the gut of ruminants (Cattle, Sheep).
Add this bacteria to the gut of domestic stock and "Bobs yer Uncle".

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:31 PM   #34
sudszy
Banned

Quote:
cant provide a link but on page 18 in the treasury overview is where the figures are. If we were to do nothing emissions would be 679 million tonnes in 2020. By the report it says emissions will be 621 million tonnes in 2020 under a carbon tax.
So they screw everyone and cant even reduce emissions below our current level. If any business leader come up with such a bad idea they would be fired.
Like i said this fact is something they don't advertise but if you dig you will find that's its correct.
found the page, not very well explained at all.

You'll see a figure of 94Mt international abatement

619- 94= 525 Mt is the 5 % less than 2000 number.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:44 PM   #35
ray38l

Quote:
found the page, not very well explained at all.

You'll see a figure of 94Mt international abatement

619- 94= 525 Mt is the 5 % less than 2000 number.
carbon abatement technology isn't really up to scratch yet. It has been added to the carbon tax purely to get that promised 5% reduction. It won't happen but makes a good headline figure.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:46 PM   #36
sudszy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Sudzy maybe you have missed the part where we are the only nation to have a "national" carbon tax so we are either smarter than every other country or Gillard has less brain matter than any other national leader.
You treat everyone here as if they are as dumb as a post box but in fact it is you who needs the education here,.
Im all ears, explain to me how New Zealand's carbon tax isnt national?
Old 12-07-2011, 10:47 PM   #37
sudszy
Banned

Quote:
carbon abatement technology isn't really up to scratch yet. It has been added to the carbon tax purely to get that promised 5% reduction. It won't happen but makes a good headline figure.
Ray, whether you think that or not doesnt deter from the fact that you have made a misleading post and incorrect post(perhaps accidentally), apologise.....or be quiet.

Last edited by Auslandau; 13-07-2011 at 01:00 AM. Reason: This is the post that should have received the warning .......
Old 12-07-2011, 10:56 PM   #38
bungarra

China will increase its total crbon footprint by 50% within 5 years by their own admission. So our 5% reduction is already useless. China has admitted it is in talk with Australian companies to move manufacturing to China where there will be no such tax. Julia will destroy the manufacturing industry in Australia by the next election.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:05 PM   #39
ray38l

Quote:
Ray, whether you think that or not doesnt deter from the fact that you have made a misleading post and incorrect post(perhaps accidentally), apologise.....or be quiet.
well it seems I've been told. You really do have the same belief's as the ever controlling greenies and labor. We must not let anyone have a different view. If you looked where i told you to look you would see your original forecast figures were wrong. Considering you got them from a well known .gov website it would seem that they don't want people to look further.
I still stand by everything i have said and as it pans out over time you will see you have been sold crap.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:12 PM   #40
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

Quote:
Im all ears, explain to me how New Zealand's carbon tax isnt national?
NZ have an Emissions Trading Scheme not a Carbon Tax. they were smart enough in 2005 to tell gov co to stick it, exactly how a majority of Australians feel.

When you have something SHOVED down your neck, get LIED to and get told to simply accept it for your own good you deserve every bit of backlash and hopefully go down as the worst prime minister we have ever had, you sudzy like your red head muppet friend dont know when to quit, and will arrogantly belive your self rightous crap.

NOW get back on topic, you have a habbit of really distracting the origional argeument with a bunch of agenda's your always pushing.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
Old 13-07-2011, 12:25 AM   #41
arby

I work for a fairly large auto industry supplier and have just worked that it is going to cost us ~0.7% on total costs. I think one of the reasons we haven't really moved is due to a lack of cash reserves, I could save 3x that much with a payback in 3 years but due to small cash reserves all capex need an 18 month payback.
Old 13-07-2011, 12:38 AM   #42
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Closing thread .... starting to get too political and while a few have wandered down this path I thank 'you know who' for being the instigator.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Auslandau; 13-07-2011 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Spellin
Closed Thread