Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 05:26 PM   #181
Jim5_0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Customers to decide Falcon ute future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoFG
It is truly sad that the execs dont see the Aust Falc as the way forward for Lincoln, and as a CrownVicr replacement.
Yeah we (aust Ford) would loose control of it, but it would be worth it to actually have a Ford I want to buy.

That's what I meant but why would we lose control of the platform? Ford would be best to leave Ford Australia in charge of that platform.

Is that not what GM have done with the Commodore/Camaro platform? Left it with Holden to do what they do better than head office.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:23 PM   #182
Venomous1
5.0 means business

Simple way to keep the utes going is to buy them. If I had more loose cash a Gs ute would be in my driveway for sure.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:38 PM   #183
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe the Falcon ute should drop its price a little.

As an aside its stupid how cheap pickups are in the US... 290kw, 20 inch wheels, and many dealers in the US are doing them for under 20 grand.

...yes they are 20 inch wheels, its a big boy!

Old 12-07-2011, 11:23 PM   #184
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomous1
Simple way to keep the utes going is to buy them. If I had more loose cash a Gs ute would be in my driveway for sure.
sell the toys in you sig, you know you want one.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:28 PM   #185
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
Maybe the Falcon ute should drop its price a little.

As an aside its stupid how cheap pickups are in the US... 290kw, 20 inch wheels, and many dealers in the US are doing them for under 20 grand.

...yes they are 20 inch wheels, its a big boy!

I dout they sell very well, a current american needs are car they can sleep in.
But then if the sales pitch was, the trays so big now the whole family can sleep laying down.
Oh no he didnt.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:30 PM   #186
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts
I dout they sell very well, a current american needs are car they can sleep in.
But then if the sales pitch was, the trays so big now the whole family can sleep laying down.
Oh no he didnt.
Your right the dodge don't sell that well.

They only buy the F series pick ups. The best selling vehicle over there for 20 years.
Old 13-07-2011, 11:16 PM   #187
jakkes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

there's a fair few xr8 Utes down here in the country and heeeeeps of SS Utes the market is there!!!! i see them all the time and a fair few of them are work horses.

ranger has had money and advertising throne at it

what has the Ute seen? they lost the xr8, rtv,etc etc now they might not have been a big seller but it does not look good to future buyers

new buyers see negative things happening with the ute and positive things happening with the ranger a new model new features yada yada yada

ford in my eyes have a large part in doing this to themselves my opinion anyway......

----------------------------------------------------------------
BA falcon XT mkII, 5.4lt, 5sp,
Y-code, xy windowless pano, 3 on the tree manual.
re-shelled xy falcon GT, manual.
1980 honda CX500 scrambler/dirt tracker
Closed Thread