Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-07-2011, 12:16 PM   #31
cartaa100
FG POWER

Default Re: Hey everyone!

hahah i saved up for the car my self and sold my old commodore, i hate p platers that have just got mummy or daddy to pay for there car it also feels better when people asked saying i paid for it instead of mummy and daddy paid for it :P

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11332753  
cartaa100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2011, 10:39 PM   #32
Kesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartaa100
hahah i saved up for the car my self and sold my old commodore, i hate p platers that have just got mummy or daddy to pay for there car it also feels better when people asked saying i paid for it instead of mummy and daddy paid for it :P
Definitely true. Also puts the pressure off when you want to modify the car too.

Looking at this car right now http://www.manheim.com.au/pcv/items/...AuctionListing

Looks the same as yours Cartaa.
Kesh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 06:49 AM   #33
kpcart
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raykay
Hi guys,

I've been a long time lurker of the Ford forums and I've finally decided to make an account and join in.

I'm a 16 year old guy, just got my licence last month and have been dreaming of having an FG Falcon in the garage for me to learn in.

Are there many people like me around my age here?

My parents are planning on buying a car, I've been trying to convince them to get an FG XR6 Falcon :p. But we will probably end up buying a ford so I thought it would be a great time to get some advice and join the Forums.

This is my first post so apologies if this is in the wrong section.
I do not think you should be driving an XR6 for your first car. you should build up your driving skill and confidence in a low-powered car first and build your way up over a few years. driving an xr6 is easy, but for a young bloke like yourself, temptation will get the best of you and you may find yourself pushing the limits of this car and breaking road rules. you may also put yourself in danger. people your age often get over-confident with their driving ability, and then we see disatrous results on the the nightly news...

A perfect first car is a manual 4 cylinder Toyota Corolla or something similar, then after a few years of driving practice, and saving money while you study, you can buy yourself your dream car (dont leach off your parents and get them to buy it)
kpcart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 10:16 AM   #34
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Welcome mate, another young one here at 21.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 10:36 AM   #35
Kesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpcart
I do not think you should be driving an XR6 for your first car. you should build up your driving skill and confidence in a low-powered car first and build your way up over a few years. driving an xr6 is easy, but for a young bloke like yourself, temptation will get the best of you and you may find yourself pushing the limits of this car and breaking road rules. you may also put yourself in danger. people your age often get over-confident with their driving ability, and then we see disatrous results on the the nightly news...

A perfect first car is a manual 4 cylinder Toyota Corolla or something similar, then after a few years of driving practice, and saving money while you study, you can buy yourself your dream car (dont leach off your parents and get them to buy it)
While I do understand your concern and where you're coming from, I don't know if my parents are in a position buy a car just for me to learn in. We need a larger car to fit all of us in.

I'm currently learning in an AU Falcon so dare I say it, it might not be too different.

I have had my dad say I'm getting over confident from time to time, but I do realise and slow down.

Right now, I honestly don't see the point of driving very fast, driving itself is incredibly fun (think back and you might have felt the same ) and I'd like to keep it that way.

On the point of driving the car, there's no assurance that I'll be driving the new XR6, understandably my parents would be hesitant to let me drive a newer car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfpv
Welcome mate, another young one here at 21.
Thanks mate!
Old 24-07-2011, 11:26 AM   #36
phil.50thxr6
White 50

i pay for 100% of my car and mummy and daddy dont pay for anything. Like most young people there parents buy them there first car or help pay for there first car, the ba i was giving was crashed by a sales rep, the cd player was broken, wing fell off, had a big scratch in the boot and back bumper, and got flogged by my brother for like 2 years.
Old 24-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #37
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpcart

A perfect first car is a manual 4 cylinder Toyota Corolla or something similar,
sorry bud, but a 4cyl manual corolla is still capable of breaking every road rule in australia.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 01:58 PM   #38
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
sorry bud, but a 4cyl manual corolla is still capable of breaking every road rule in australia.
Exactly. A Underpowerd car can just as easily smash into a tree as a larger (maybee safer) car.
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #39
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

I can drift my dual cab diesel in the wet.

It wouldnt pull the fat off a scalding cup of milk.

Dont assume i drift on public roads save your 'breath'

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #40
Kesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6
Exactly. A Underpowerd car can just as easily smash into a tree as a larger (maybee safer) car.
"It's not about the car, it's about the driver". ;)

I don't take stupid driving lightly, no matter how I drive, there's still an innocent someone in the passenger seat...
Old 25-07-2011, 06:29 PM   #41
XR6TOY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi mate,

Welcome to the Forum's, as stated, you will find lot's of useful info on here. I recently purchased a 2009 FG XR6 myself & it's such a great car to drive. I wish you all the best in trying to find the right car for your family.

P.S. I am twice your age & this is the first nice car I have ever owned. Took me a long time to save for it, just drove little 4cyl cars prior to that.......

Anyway, all the best & I'm sure we will hear from you again on the Forums somewhere.
2008 FG XR6T in Silhouette. T2 Slotted Rotors, 19" Vertini Drift Rims, King Springs - sssl Rear & ssl Front, Earls Oil Line Filter, Aeroflow Overflow Tank, Intune Intercooler Piping Kit, Plazmaman Throttle Bottle Elbow, Turbosmart BOV, Turbosmart Actuator, Process West Stage 1 Intercooler, PAC Racing Valve Springs, Atomic Billet Oil Pump Gears, Pacemaker Quad Exhaust, Herrod CAI, 4inch Muffler Delete, XR8 Bonnet,More to come.....
XR6TOY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post