Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 28-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #31
fmc351
let it burn

Default Re: Beerwah speed camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe
I was informed the P2P at the twin Mobils was for heavy vehicles only. Cause if it was for all vehicles I should have been done hundreds of times over.
It was offline for some time, then it was in a test phase, and apparently as of a few weeks/2 months maybe ago, it came online for all vehicles. But as the thread suggests, it might actually be borked.
Old 28-07-2011, 03:29 PM   #32
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Why do I get visions of black uniforms, hats with skull badges and people in striped pajamas being loaded into trains.......

But those guys would not have affected me so I suppose the mindset that all laws that do not cause me problems personally are just and fair is still allive and well in some places.......
My wife's grandfather was Dutch part Jewish he and is brothers and sisters suffered at the hands of the nazis, he was captured and escaped several times fighting in the Dutch resistance. So yes, i know a bit about "striped pyjamas"...
Old 28-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #33
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Yeah, I didnt mean take the Steve Irwin Way up past Mooloolah. Opposite side, as in exit to entry. Although I did take the Iwin Way a week or so ago as i had to go to Glasshouse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz
thats a big detour? People just take the off ramp for the Mobil servo then come straight back on the the highway on the other side of the bridge
Yeah sorry for the confusion. I took the Steve Irwin Way the last time I was down there as I dropped into Glasshouse and confused myself, I meant the opposite side at Johnsons Rd.
Old 28-07-2011, 04:01 PM   #34
ms33
Ford Hoarder

Are the camera's at the Yandina exit on the highway point to point with the Caloundra turnoff camera's?
Old 28-07-2011, 07:38 PM   #35
bingoTE50
Steve

Let the count begin .....
Old 28-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #36
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
My wife's grandfather was Dutch part Jewish he and is brothers and sisters suffered at the hands of the nazis, he was captured and escaped several times fighting in the Dutch resistance. So yes, i know a bit about "striped pyjamas"...
Yet you still state:

1. Rules is rules, learn to follow them or suffer the consequences.
2. I don't make the rules.

Just because something is law does not make it right and vice versa.

What do you think your wife's grandfather et al. would have to say about your narrow minded attitude?
Old 28-07-2011, 08:19 PM   #37
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
What do you think your wife's grandfather et al. would have to say about your narrow minded attitude?
I know what he would think of you comparing him and his people's struggle to whinging about driving regulations......

a bit of perspective please, I agree with most of your posts, some I enjoy immensely,
someone versed in legal knowledge doesn't need to stoop to cheap imagery to make a point,
I know you are impassioned but please be a bit more precise with your criticism of the government
Old 28-07-2011, 08:36 PM   #38
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
I know what he would think of you comparing him and his people's struggle to whinging about driving regulations......

a bit of perspective please, I agree with most of your posts, some I enjoy immensely,
someone versed in legal knowledge doesn't need to stoop to cheap imagery to make a point,
I know you are impassioned but please be a bit more precise with your criticism of the government
So how wrong does something have to be before it matters?
Old 28-07-2011, 08:43 PM   #39
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Until it personally affects the person???

Thats usually the case.. until then the attitude is.. It doesnt bother me cause im not affected by it.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 28-07-2011, 08:53 PM   #40
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 28-07-2011, 08:58 PM   #41
WMD351
Size it up

Quote:
That should be determined by contemporary public opinion and standards, which can usually be gauged with a poll
Old 28-07-2011, 09:17 PM   #42
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Here we go again.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
Closed Thread