Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 30-09-2011, 06:32 PM   #91
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Default Re: BA XR6T or AUIII XR8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartaa100
ive drivenn ba's and au's the au feel less sporty but more luxurious the ba on the other i think looks better alround, but wouldnt be as comfy.

id choose the ba
Iv owned both a BA XR6 auto (for approx 2 years) and BF2 GT-P manual (just under 3 years) bought both cars brand spanking new.
The AU3 XR8 manual (had almost 1 year) bought second hand..

Had I the dollars to buy any of these again, Id buy the AU XR8 every single time... No iff's, butts or maybee's.

Yep, Im bias, hell yeah, but for good reason, the AU won me over on sheer merit and driving experience. Add to that a lot of other bits that suit me more personally. The looks for me were definently an aquired taste.
But today I have something that looks way more unique, cooler, and is not so common on the road compared to any of the later models.

I also beleive theres a big diffrence between just driving these cars and living with them. Iv lived with all the ones I mentioned above, not just had 1 or 2 drives of them..

Last edited by Donny; 30-09-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 30-09-2011, 06:36 PM   #92
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny
Iv owned both a BA XR6 auto (for approx 2 years) and BF2 GT-P manual (just under 3 years) bought both cars brand spanking new.
The AU3 XR8 manual (had almost 1 year) bought second hand..

Had I the dollars to buy any of these again, Id buy the AU XR8 every single time... No iff's, butts or maybee's.

Yep, Im bias, hell yeah, but for good reason, the AU won me over on sheer merit and driving experience. Add to that a lot of other bits that suit me more personally. The looks for me were definently an aquired taste.
But today I have something that looks way more unique, cooler, and is not so common on the road compared to any of the later models.

Great POV Donny!
Old 30-09-2011, 08:21 PM   #93
RAPID_BA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon SXR8
I don't know why any of you bother with hulk's comments he puts his digs in any time he can about the au just ignore those comments..
Im just replying to the OP quiestion. It seems to be only au owners defending them to the death. How many non au owners posts say get the au?

Lets be real au owners will spruke the au and ba owners will spruke the ba. Lets not be startled by this.
Old 30-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #94
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

I said AU 111 XR8
Old 30-09-2011, 08:39 PM   #95
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_BA
Im just replying to the OP quiestion. It seems to be only au owners defending them to the death. How many non au owners posts say get the au?

Lets be real au owners will spruke the au and ba owners will spruke the ba. Lets not be startled by this.
That's probably because the people commenting about the AU are like you say, the ones that actually own them and they drive them so they are rightly so to comment, why would someone take any interest in someones post that lay claim to say otherwise when they don't even own or drive one ?,
It's like me saying that a BA XR8 6 speed M is a dog box and yet I have never driven one or owned one, so would you take me serious I think not, but hey I have many mates that own them and they ask me frequently if they should sell them or do otherwise with them, hey maybe I might start a thread about that,

Last edited by galaxy xr8; 30-09-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 30-09-2011, 08:43 PM   #96
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_BA

Maybe you shoud re-read Donny's post again, I think that he is trying to say that he is/was a BA owner and is now a AU owner , so let's be real, he is in a good posistion to comment about the two, don't be startled by that.
Old 30-09-2011, 08:44 PM   #97
AMGC63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
That's probably because the people commenting about the AU are like you say, the ones that actually own them and they drive them so they are rightly so to comment, why would someone take any interests in someones post's that lay claim to say otherwise when they don't even own or drive one ?,
It's like me saying that a BA XR8 6 speed M is a dog box and yet I have never driven one or owned one, so would you take me serious I think not, but hey I have many mates that own them and they ask me freqently if they should sell them or do otherwise with them, hey maybe I might start a thread about that,
Unfortunately that's the nature of forums like these, the vast majority of criticism leveled at any given model normally comes from people who have neither driven or owned the model they're bagging...

Too many people "parrot " research by what they read in mags or read on forums, prophecies become self fulfilling..
Old 30-09-2011, 08:48 PM   #98
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Hulk, you know I defend you an like you mate. But I made this thread as I actually dont own a AU and would like one. Galaxys DP is pure angelic for me! I love that colour and shape. I do respect the fact that the AU XR us more a required taste but in time Ive begun to really like them. And I think you mentioned earlier in the thread that you cant really compair the BA 8s to the AU 8s. Go back 2+ yrs ago and I would back you up whole heartedly! But now I have to disagree. Ive met a gent on this forum (cant remembet his name sorry) who owns a red AUIII XR8 that was bog stock besides an exhaust running a 13.8!!!!!!! And 5.4Ls with same or similar mods struggling to get out of the 15s.
The real eye opener was in my mrs XT and we had a play with a "Force 8". Obvously off the mark he had us by half a car length but could not get away any further! I was not impressed with the XT but more so disappointed with the 5.4. Stock for stock, BA to AU 8s, there really is not much difference!
Old 30-09-2011, 08:50 PM   #99
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGC63
Unfortunately that's the nature of forums like these, the vast majority of criticism leveled at any given model normally comes from people who have neither driven or owned the model they're bagging...

Too many people "parrot " research by what they read in mags or read on forums, prophecies become self fulfilling..
Yes the power of ones mouth often over run's the actual fact's and having experienced what is talked about.
Old 30-09-2011, 08:58 PM   #100
AMGC63
Banned

Quote:
Yes the power of ones mouth often over run's the actual fact's and having experienced what is talked about.
Example, I read somewhere tonight apparently some expert claims a C63 or M3 isnt a performance car..!!
Old 30-09-2011, 09:00 PM   #101
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Quote:
Example, I read somewhere tonight apparently some expert claims a C63 or M3 isnt a performance car..!!

C63 = The benchmark of what all true quality cars should aim for. Yum yum
Old 30-09-2011, 09:08 PM   #102
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Example, I read somewhere once apparently some expert claim's the VT Excutive LS1 changed the performance benchmark for aussie cars and nothing else come close
Old 30-09-2011, 09:11 PM   #103
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Example, I read somewhere once apparently some expert claim's the VT Excutive LS1 changed the performance benchmark for aussie cars and nothing else come close
that was HULK BA.....
Old 30-09-2011, 09:23 PM   #104
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
that was HULK BA.....
I never said that,
Old 30-09-2011, 09:46 PM   #105
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

I have re read the entire thread (my head hurts) and I am sick of the in fighting as well as the going around in circles. I really can't be bothered trying to clean it up.

Let's just remember, the forum is for the lovers of all things Ford. Personally I think this topic has been done to death in the 7ish year I have been a member.

So, time to lock it down.