Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-10-2011, 04:01 PM   #31
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: The price of cotton wool about to soar....

Whats gets me about all these laws being upheld is the people doing it, do the judges and lawyers not sit back and go hang on, this is stupid...guess the $$$ get in the way. Do these people not have kids themselves?

I remember my primary school banning british bulldogs (was pretty full on though), but no way could they ban contact sports like AFL back then (talking 90's).
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2011, 04:07 PM   #32
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason[98.EL]
the school my older two kids go to actually endorse the kids running around playing tag/chasey etc

the only down fall they have is the amount of sport my daughter has to do in one day ie friday is all sport my poor little chook comes home absolutly buggerd

On another side it would be great for them to call you when your child has an accident at school my daughter broke her arm at morning recess and my wife was not told till about 10 mins before the end of the day

was not a happy camper but hey in all other things the school is great

Jason
Quick questions:

Was it more important to administer first aid to your child and look after the other kids than telling you immediately?
Apart from being upset what could you or your wife have done to improve the situation?
Did you not finding out for 4 hours impede the medical care?

Big picture, one of the major causes of the nanny state is people trying to interfere with or control others in situations where they are not trained and then blaming everyone else if something happens.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2011, 11:29 AM   #33
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ridiculous! When it rained and our ovals were closed we used to play grab footy on the concrete courts! Of course it turned into tackle and you lost a lot of skin, but you were forced to grow some balls too.

I worry about the generations coming through... what would happen if we had to rely on them to defend the country? God help us.
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2011, 12:07 AM   #34
bungarra

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123
Time to join the P&C and have your voice heard.
Unfortunately, when I did, most of the parents attending are female and are more into the girlie club and support the female principal and female deputy, who think the poor little dears will be hurt if the play contact sports at recess, lunch or before school.
bungarra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2011, 07:59 AM   #35
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungarra
Unfortunately, when I did, most of the parents attending are female and are more into the girlie club and support the female principal and female deputy, who think the poor little dears will be hurt if the play contact sports at recess, lunch or before school.
All the more reason to join!
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2011, 11:33 AM   #36
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
there is the problem. the kids shouldn't be wrapped in cotton wool, the parents should have been wrapped in rubber a few years earlier
i would hate to be a teacher or principal - you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. as homer would say "they're the school's problem now"
Geez, that is damn funny. Sadly, so true.

You don't want your kids hurt. But, sometimes it is how they learn.

I remember playing red rover at school, my good mate broke his arm. Stuff happens.

Too many focus on what their rights are. Forgetting their responsibilities. We need less nanny state, less ambulance chasers and more freedoms as well as the knowledge of what our responsibilities are. I'm only in my 30s and I wish I could turn back time.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2011, 11:36 AM   #37
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Whats gets me about all these laws being upheld is the people doing it, do the judges and lawyers not sit back and go hang on, this is stupid...guess the $$$ get in the way. Do these people not have kids themselves?

I remember my primary school banning british bulldogs (was pretty full on though), but no way could they ban contact sports like AFL back then (talking 90's).
Judges are only to provide rulings based on law and past precedents.

If we are unhappy with the rulings as a society, we need those relevant laws changed.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post