Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-10-2011, 09:26 PM   #31
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: ford service rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
So what you are saying is your car has a complex problem that you have no idea how to fix so you take it to several others who spend time diagnosing but still have not found the final answer so you think you should not have to pay them for all the time they spent?
His point is that they took 3 hrs todo something and gave no feedback at the time of collection on what else they checked apart from the O2 sensors, which any half assed workshop can do. HE has stated he is happy to pay the bill if it was fixed, which is not the case. Some people don't have the time to run around mechs. trying to sort a gremlin like this one out. That's why he took it to a dealer, which someone has already pointed out is not the best idea. As someone else pointed out, a EFI specalist is the way to go but not the one down the end of Newman Rd at Zillmere.
GREGL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2011, 09:37 PM   #32
Buttnekid
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He paid for a service he did not get - he said please fix my car, his car is not fixed ergo he paid for nothing. He is entitled to a refund or for the work to be re-performed at no cost to him given they gave him back his car and a bill (which he paid) which was representation by them they had fixed it which they did not
Buttnekid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2011, 09:46 PM   #33
AMGC63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttnekid
He paid for a service he did not get - he said please fix my car, his car is not fixed ergo he paid for nothing. He is entitled to a refund or for the work to be re-performed at no cost to him given they gave him back his car and a bill (which he paid) which was representation by them they had fixed it which they did not
INCORRECT.... He paid for them to try to fix the problem and diagnose it, there are no guarantees when you have hard to identify issues...
if you go to the doctor and he cant work out why you're feeling sick should he just not charge you???
AMGC63 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2011, 09:53 PM   #34
wadsymoo
mr xagt

i have no problem paying for work done,but when you take the car too so called experts who shrug there sholders and say we thinks its this,is what gets on my nerves.
wadsymoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2011, 09:54 PM   #35
Cabbage
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Think some of you blokes should get off his back. Surely they would have test driven the car to see if the problem was fixed and if not be up front, tell the owner it's cost $300+ so far to diagnose the problem but we haven't got to the bottom of it, what do you want to do. Perhaps they should let the owner know regardless of whether they can fix it, it will cost to try to diagnose the problem. The op is being far from unreasonable in my opinion.
Cabbage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2011, 09:55 PM   #36
Windsor220
Now Fordless

You cant just ask someone to have a look at your car for free. It doesn't matter if they dont find anything you are still using their services.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2011, 09:59 PM   #37
AMGC63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220
You cant just ask someone to have a look at your car for free. It doesn't matter if they dont find anything you are still using their services.
This point seems to be getting lost.... Further compounded by unnecessary pointless anti dealership jibes.

It sucks badly that the op has a difficult to identify gremlin futher complicated with other issues however its hardly the fault of the various mechanics that have looked at it that they cant solve it.. YET.
Old 25-10-2011, 10:10 PM   #38
wadsymoo
mr xagt

all im saying is in the end ive paid close too $700 to various efi diagnosers and ford and no one can tell me whats wrong.so i dont know where i want it looked at for free is coming from,or is anywhere in what ive wrote said or implied im not willing too pay? NO!. im a spray painter by trade and know whats involved with cars,when i paint peoples cars i do a great job and i expect to be payed for my efforts ,and same in return
Old 25-10-2011, 10:13 PM   #39
AMGC63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadsymoo
all im saying is in the end ive paid close too $700 to various efi diagnosers and ford and no one can tell me whats wrong.so i dont know where i want it looked at for free is coming from,or is anywhere in what ive wrote said or implied im not willing too pay? NO!. im a spray painter by trade and know whats involved with cars,when i paint peoples cars i do a great job and i expect to be payed for my efforts ,and same in return
No it wasnt you who said it, others have said you shouldnt pay because they didnt fix it.
Old 26-10-2011, 12:12 AM   #40
Cabbage
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGC63
This point seems to be getting lost.... Further compounded by unnecessary pointless anti dealership jibes.

It sucks badly that the op has a difficult to identify gremlin futher complicated with other issues however its hardly the fault of the various mechanics that have looked at it that they cant solve it.. YET.
I'm not one for just bashing ford, I love ford. But the op has paid for new o2 sensors which as the problem still exists we can assume were not necessary. The op can correct me but the car was returned 'fixed'. I think they should have tested the vehicle to see if the problem was still there and if it was put the old sensors back on if possible and continue diagnosis in consultation with the owner. Solving a difficult issue like this would obviously take a lot of experience and knowledge. I think people get annoyed when a shop can't correctly diagnose a problem and just keep replacing stuff until the problem goes away.
Cabbage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2011, 12:49 AM   #41
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

This whole thread is the reason why I do it myself. I personally have had very few negatives with Ford servicing, but I like to hold onto as much of money as I can.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2011, 09:25 AM   #42
landau5.8

I noticed that you said this is an au model, My brother has the same problem with his au tickford wagon. After spending many thousands and going to many mechanics. One guy was able to diagnose the problem, its the main computer. Not even the ford buffoons could figure this out but the local one man band mechanic did. You will need your vin number to buy another one, but they arent cheap and are now considered obsolete. Hope this helps.
landau5.8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2011, 10:21 AM   #43
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mine done the same thing
It was the swirl pot in the tank - it was put in 180degrees backwards so when you accelerated and turned the fuel would slosh to the rear of the tank and it would not pick up the fuel under 1/4 tank and cut out - nearly headbutted the steering wheel a few times then broke my neck when it sprang back to life and fired me back into the seat
It took a few techs to have a look at and no one could find it until one came across it on a TE a year or so before mine - same build date
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2011, 10:27 AM   #44
AMGC63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Rising
Mine done the same thing
It was the swirl pot in the tank - it was put in 180degrees backwards so when you accelerated and turned the fuel would slosh to the rear of the tank and it would not pick up the fuel under 1/4 tank and cut out - nearly headbutted the steering wheel a few times then broke my neck when it sprang back to life and fired me back into the seat
It took a few techs to have a look at and no one could find it until one came across it on a TE a year or so before mine - same build date
It was a common design fault with AU's if you got below 1/4 tank and accelerated up hill hard it would momentarily cut out..
Solution was keep tank over half full!
Old 26-10-2011, 01:04 PM   #45
wadsymoo
mr xagt

ive had the computer rebuilt,which was one of the first things done,il be taking the fuel pump out on sat and having a look,my mate has a au 5l ghia,thinking of borrowing his maf and see if it makes a difference
Old 26-10-2011, 01:53 PM   #46
LTDHO
The one and only

You took the car to Ford and paid Ford prices.

Reco and flush your injectors.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post