Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-12-2011, 03:19 PM   #31
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: HSV SV-R 325KW Clubbie

325Kw is what the standard GTS has ... I wonder if they took the Magnatec dampeners out and fitted something else ... would be kinda silly if they did ...
dimka100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2011, 03:34 PM   #32
RAPID_BA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftie
There's a future limited build car - one of four...

Sounds similar to another batch of cars that was built in the 70s...
except after the coppers are done with them..

seats will look like a rottweiler has been chewing on them for a few years, drill holes everywhere, under the car will have a few thousand knocks, wheels buckled and due to the way they are driven, the motor and drivetrain after 60,000km wont feel so fresh.

Essentially 1 police km = 10 private km.

I know first hand of a undercover police driven camry that was driven for over 70000km without a change of oil. The guy that eventually serviced the car said the oil looked like slop/sand.
RAPID_BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2011, 05:11 PM   #33
fordAU

Don't speed than you dont have to worry about the yellow thingy, remember every K over is a killer.
fordAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2011, 06:12 PM   #34
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordAU
Don't speed than you dont have to worry about the yellow thingy, remember every K over is a killer.
Unfortunately that is just spin doctoring for the real message......every K over is a dollar.....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2011, 06:13 PM   #35
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha .....
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2011, 07:20 PM   #36
cartaa100
FG POWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Unfortunately that is just spin doctoring for the real message......every K over is a dollar.....

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11332753  
cartaa100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2011, 08:05 PM   #37
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Wink Re: HSV SV-R 325KW Clubbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_BA
except after the coppers are done with them..

seats will look like a rottweiler has been chewing on them for a few years, drill holes everywhere, under the car will have a few thousand knocks, wheels buckled and due to the way they are driven, the motor and drivetrain after 60,000km wont feel so fresh.

Essentially 1 police km = 10 private km.

I know first hand of a undercover police driven camry that was driven for over 70000km without a change of oil. The guy that eventually serviced the car said the oil looked like slop/sand.
I dont know if that is the case with all of their cars. I was at the gov auction & there were about 10 ex nsw highway patrol came through. Out of them I would one third were in very good condition. Its up to the highway patrol commander as to how the cars are looked after. Some commanders are very very strict about how their cars are presented. They make the young fellas account for any damage & service cost that are extreem. After all the Commanders have a budget, & if their car budget is high, they will be asked why.. Others that are good talkers dont give a rats about the cars in their fleet, they will be knocked around.
I just bought an ex 6/2010 XR6T HWP car & it is as good, if not better than most Ford dealer XR6T I looked at. But I got Brembos, parking sensors, heavy duty altenator, F6 coolers & a few other bits that the standard XR6T didnt get, so Im very happy. It came with full service history printout. Not just a stamp in the log book, FULL itemised history.
Like any car you can pick a roughy a mile away.

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2011, 11:32 PM   #38
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6menace
This thing up here will hunt down a Coyote bro .. believe it ...

yeah nah...

Tell them to bring it to the next Heathcote meet. I'll test your theory.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #39
010 f6 ute

Wow what a waste of money just like the one here that has had airburshed skulls done on it, last i heard they had to back off once a chase hits 140kms anyway? The speed limits are WAY to slow as it is safety has no part of it spending money of yellow **** heaps when our roads are a DISGRACE!!!!! Speed limits keep getting lower when the biggest hazard on our high ways is fatigue proving they dont give a **** about the road toll. So before they worry about buying mardi gras coloured hsv's they need to pull there greedy heads in and attack the problem at its core. I'm sure driver ed for high school students would of been alot better use of funds. And yes before anyone says it i'm 20 drive a f6 and had my fair share on run in's with highway patrol sure there will be alot more in the future to doesnt change the fact this is a waste of funds. I'd be glad to put that therory to the test aswell.
010 f6 ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2011, 02:02 PM   #40
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elks
yeah nah...

Tell them to bring it to the next Heathcote meet. I'll test your theory.
LOL They wouldn't have time ... he must go through 3 infringement books a day ....

I could spend a day just following this thing around the Gold Coast/Tweed Heads border taking videos of how fast he SPEEDS after lawbreakers, but i get the feeling i would end up being victimised somehow?
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #41
Parkway
I Like Turtles

Saw two of these things in Maryborough today on the same damn street....no joke. They're really quite intimidating but you can spot them a mile off.
Parkway is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2011, 05:10 PM   #42
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Even though the cars are yellow the checkerboard reflective decals should still be blue and white - which are known police colours.

Around here some of the taxis and tow trucks use blue and yellow checkerboard patterns for their cars.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post