Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:43 AM   #1
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Default PM receipts

G'day everyone

Can we get this function back? I know during our last big update, the PM delivery receipts went the way of the dodo. Or maybe it's a switched off feature as standard. I'm not sure. Either way when sending a PM, it no longer asks if you wish to receive a confirmation receipt when it was read.

Is there any way to resurrect this feature? I just find it frustrating in my current position in buying a new set of wheels & tyres of a number of posters & PMs have been replied to but I haven't gotten any word back. It's frustrating because I want to sow up a deal sharpish as my tyres are getting to the point of unroadworthiness. With a number of "irons in the fire" so to speak, it would be great to know if a person you have sent a PM to has actually 1. Recieved it & 2. Read it.

Now I understand that people have a life outside of AFF, I at one point didn't log I for about 2 weeks or so. I know you can look at each individuals profile to check their last log on. But that seems a but stalkerish, and doesn't actually tell if it's been read & I am getting the "cold shoulder". But it would be great if a receipt system was in use to notify me if it has been read. Especially in the multiple PMs to multiple users scenario. Checking their individual profiles to see their last activity to see if they may have seen the pm would be time consuming.

So is there a way to turn it back on & I don't know it? Was it turned off bevause it was a waste, as barely anyone used it? Has the admin team thought about bringing it back after it was turned off?

Cheers,
Conundrum

/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2012, 01:10 AM   #2
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 
Default Re: PM receipts

The feature is still available.

Go into your UserCP, edit options, Messaging and notifications, down the bottom is PM Tracking, Request a Read Receipt. Tick the box and save.

Cheers
Col
Old 11-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Default Re: PM receipts

Ah, thanks for that. Like I said, I thought it may have been "turned off"
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post