Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-04-2012, 11:52 PM   #1
graham7773
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default advice

So I get the timing belt, tensioner and idler pulley done, new water pump, crank seal, cam seals, new dizzy cap and rotor button, new water pump and alternator belts. Picked the car up and strange noise from timing cover area. Young mechanic says " I thought that might happen" so I say, fix it. He puts washers under 3 of the water pump pulley mounting bolts and the noise goes away, temporarily. next day it's back and at the same time the ignition module dies, on the highway. I roll to the verge with idiot drivers abusing me for holding them up. Get my spare dizzy and put it in on the side of the road and away I go again. get home, take the dead dizzy apart and there is minor damage on the edge of the dizzy where the cap sits and the edge seal is hanging out, broken. I get to the ignition module and there is a small chip in the plastic covering on the top of it. What are the odds of this breakdown being coincidental? Can ignition modules be repaired? Neither ford or mazda wants to know. They reckon the part does not exist. Even sent me an email exploded picture of the distributor to prove it. Only problem is that I have the dizzy in my hand. I might have to pay them a visit.

graham7773 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post