Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Read Post Bellow First, What Vehicles Are Overstyled or Even Ugly
Both E3 HSV & FG FPV 11 7.33%
E3 HSV Only 102 68.00%
FG FPV Only 14 9.33%
Neither ..... they both look great 23 15.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2012, 06:27 AM   #61
ZH For Me
Suckin Diesel

Default Re: Styling of E3 and FG

Despite the fact that I am absolutely disguested with the E3 styling, there's something about that Maloo that I actually like. Must be the colour.... Oh, no, wait, its because I don't have my glasses on and cannot see how awfully pukeful it looks.*

I personally think that the VX was, in my opinion, the most attractive HSV they made. Anything after that sort of looks a bit like a brick.*

I actually quite like the more sedate styling of the FPV's, but then I've never really been one to go overboard on the external appearance of any of my cars (The most radical I've ever gone is a Boss bonnet and a set of powder-coated Cheetah's on my Fairlane). Admittedly the HSV's, I feel, do have a better interior, but I couldn't wake up every morning and look out the window to see an E3 staring back at me. Then again, I don't have the disposible income to afford either an FG FPV nor an E3, so my opinions of that matter are rather moot.

I think FPV got it pretty well spot on with the FG, apart from a few small things that I would change. But lets face it, if they did a PERFECT car, then at least some of us would still change something, just to be different. Not saying that is at all a bad thing, but that's what stylising and individualising your car is all about. There isn't much that can't be changed, for a price...

* Based on opinion, not fact. Please don't eat me.
ZH For Me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #62
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

The poll question is very subjective and it is clear that the outcome is that most people will not like the E3 (something you would expect from a Ford supporters forum).

The E3 is a head turner something which unfortunately the GT is not. Some colours are much better than others.

The E3 is also a very good car to drive.

Having the most powerful engine is like being an ugly guy with a big *****, you want to fornicate but the girls just see that you're butt ugly.

The real issue is the bland styling that Ford/FPV have in their premier product line.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2012, 08:02 AM   #63
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

I am not a fan of either the E3 or the FPV stable. The only decent looking out of the two ranges would be a F6-E in black.
The rest are over styled and pig ugly IMO.

HSV nailed it with E1 GTS and FPV with the Force 6 & 8 range.
I prefer subtlety over wings, stickers, gills and other cheap trinkets.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:25 AM   #64
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Best looking car in the FPV range are the GT-E and F6-E. Everything else is let down by boring, underdone wheels and excessive ground clearance. BF-BF2 GT and F6 were probably the best looking FPV's.

The HSV's look much better, and each update shows they've put some effort in - unlike FPV.
FPV414 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #65
NickosBF2XRT

whats the dfiff between e1 and e2 hsv's?
Old 04-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #66
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickosEL
Unless there are some subtle differences that I'm not aware of, the E2 and E3 body kits are much the same. The E1 was the pretty one.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #67
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched
I am not a fan of either the E3 or the FPV stable. The only decent looking out of the two ranges would be a F6-E in black.
The rest are over styled and pig ugly IMO.

HSV nailed it with E1 GTS and FPV with the Force 6 & 8 range.
I prefer subtlety over wings, stickers, gills and other cheap trinkets.
Ill still stand by my idea of FPV going a more personalised route.

Why cant we just have a GT and F6, then option what seats, colour, spoilers etc you actually want out of a catalog. Most popular products these days have the ability to be customised to what the individual wants.

Your telling me that a GTE customer putting $70k down cant ask for a manual? Or that a GT owner might want the red leather and cant get it even though they are willing to pay?

These are not mass produced cars like some want to believe, the "effort" to do a process such as above is not difficult and IMO would enhance the FPV experience without really adding cost.

"Oh but what about resale" cry the fans, well its already rat poo so how much worse can it get?

If dealers want to order certain spec then do so, there will be some who couldnt be bother optioning and perhaps have one or two "packs" would work.

But for those with the money, who are buying new, they should be able to stamp their own touch on the car.

I think thats one of the more interesting things about older GT's, whats the ID tag say? Whats deleted etc...it actually makes it interesting and the bonus for FPV is that if a customer does option more then they are spending more initially, get the car they want, and maybe, just maybe help the resale later on.

Then FPV can stop pretending the GS is theirs and concentrate on two cars.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #68
4.0i OHC
Computer Torque Control

Well the E3 looks overstyled to the point of ridiculousness. It gives those ricer boys a run for their money. The FG FPVs are not perfect, but they're the cleanest looking in the FG range, and their styling imperfections (such as the tail lights, sloping rear end and C pillar) are shared by the rest of the range. Not to mention the FG's better handling and steering that isn't comatose, and its manic turbo six (sorry but I'm a straight six guy not a V8 guy). The choice is clear.
The F6 ute looks sublime IMO. The FG ute fixes all the styling (and rear suspension) sins of the FG sedan.
4.0i OHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #69
4.0i OHC
Computer Torque Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Definitely agree here. The GS cheapens the FPV brand. Leave the brand whoring to HSV. Oh, and bring back the Pursuit.
Speaking of the FPV brand, it seems that the FPV name just doesn't have the cachet that the HSV name carries. Because of this, I recommend changing the name. Does anyone have any suggestions? I suggest Tickford
4.0i OHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #70
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
HSV Aced it around 2004-06

^^ They both look dingo ugly!

The VE was better looking in every angle.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #71
Rodge
Banned

HSV saved a fortune by outsourcing the design of the E3 to the local primary school .

OTOH there's very little to differentiate the F6E and GT-E from a regular G6ET so FPV saved a fortune there too. Where's the happy medium, oh yeah SC GT-P, no bias here whatsoever
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #72
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickosEL
This is an E1 HSV:

This is an E2 HSV:

This is an E3 HSV:

chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #73
andrich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Ill still stand by my idea of FPV going a more personalised route.

Why cant we just have a GT and F6, then option what seats, colour, spoilers etc you actually want out of a catalog. Most popular products these days have the ability to be customised to what the individual wants.

Your telling me that a GTE customer putting $70k down cant ask for a manual? Or that a GT owner might want the red leather and cant get it even though they are willing to pay?

These are not mass produced cars like some want to believe, the "effort" to do a process such as above is not difficult and IMO would enhance the FPV experience without really adding cost.

"Oh but what about resale" cry the fans, well its already rat poo so how much worse can it get?

If dealers want to order certain spec then do so, there will be some who couldnt be bother optioning and perhaps have one or two "packs" would work.

But for those with the money, who are buying new, they should be able to stamp their own touch on the car.

I think thats one of the more interesting things about older GT's, whats the ID tag say? Whats deleted etc...it actually makes it interesting and the bonus for FPV is that if a customer does option more then they are spending more initially, get the car they want, and maybe, just maybe help the resale later on.

Totally agree mate, well said.
andrich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #74
Venomous1
5.0 means business

email FPV. Each bit helps