Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 21-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Hyundai Accent 1.6 diesel Vs Fiesta diesel

Has anyone compared these two cars?

Similar pricing.

Fiesta 66kw 200nm torque
Accent 94kw 260 nm

I wonder whether the extra torque and power of the Hyundai motor make up for other areas the Fiesta might be better ie handling/ride/seat comfort.

It annoys me that Ford dont fit the same diesel but uprated to 80kw and 260nm as in Europe. 66kw and 200nm aint impressive.

kevino is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Hyundai Accent 1.6 diesel Vs Fiesta diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino
Has anyone compared these two cars?

Similar pricing.

Fiesta 66kw 200nm torque
Accent 94kw 260 nm

I wonder whether the extra torque and power of the Hyundai motor make up for other areas the Fiesta might be better ie handling/ride/seat comfort.

It annoys me that Ford dont fit the same diesel but uprated to 80kw and 260nm as in Europe. 66kw and 200nm aint impressive.
Probably crappy quality diesel.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have driven that 1.6 Hyundai-Kia diesel motor in a KIA overseas and I thought it went harder than the 80kw Ford -Peugeot diesel 1.6 so compared to a 66kw tune (in our Aussie Fiesta diesel)i think the Hyundai diesel would leave the Aussie Fiesta diesel in its dust.
Old 21-05-2012, 11:27 PM   #4
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

The Fez will handle better, but the Hyundai will have way more shove.

What would be great is if Ford Aus brought in the Fez with the one litre, 3 cyl turbo that's available in Europe (same power, similar torque as the 1.6 petrol but with a bigger torque curve and fuel in the low 3s...) but no, it's not happening of course.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2012, 11:38 PM   #5
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Is that Fiesta in Econetic guise? I remember those were about the figures for Econetic. If so, that engine has been tuned for economy. Which us why the Fiesta can get low 3's on the freeway but the Hyundai can hope for low 4's.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2012, 12:16 AM   #6
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

No, it's the petrol 1L 3cyl turbo: does better than the econetic. Apparently better to hustle than the 1.6 petrol too. But it comes from Europe, so no deal...

What's even worse, if Ford AU won't bring this out then: How's the Fez turbo (from Europe) looking?
Old 22-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #7
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

You mean the ST? It has been confirmed by Fraud AU http://www.carsguide.com.au/news-and...at_geneva_2012

Back on topic it isn't the EcoNetic, the TDCi has 66kw@4k.

Just get the petrol or maybe spend the extra for the 120kw TDCi Focus.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #8
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Ok... so the current Diesel Fiesta uses the same engine as the Econetic, with the same exact outputs but manages a combined consumption of 4.4L per 100 compared to the 3.7 combined of the Econetic???

How different is the rest of the car?.. thats a huge difference!

The Accent returns 5.6L combined.... Is the body any larger?

If you want all out economy, go the Ford, if you want the extra power at the expense of economy get the Accent.

Take them both for a test drive. The Hyundai is a little heavier (around 30kg) so you may notice the better performance compared to the Ford.

Hyundai warranty is much better, what about servicing / insurance costs??

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #9
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Ok... so the current Diesel Fiesta uses the same engine as the Econetic, with the same exact outputs but manages a combined consumption of 4.4L per 100 compared to the 3.7 combined of the Econetic???

How different is the rest of the car?..
FROM WIKIPEDIA----

"In 2008 Ford revealed details of an ECOnetic model, which Ford stated would emit 98g/km of carbon dioxide. The car was launched in 2009. It uses the 1.6 Duratorq TDCi diesel engine, but with an added diesel particulate filter. The Fiesta ECOnetic achieves its environmental credentials through weight loss and aerodynamic adjustments, and its emission figure exempts the car from UK vehicle excise duty. The ECOnetic gets an estimated fuel consumption of 65 mpg-"

I also read somewhere once before it had to do with the wheels and tyres they used as well, I believe this is why they say the Alloy wheels are not suitable for the EcoNetic on their accessories page even though they will fit fine. All these small things add up I guess...

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2012, 11:56 PM   #10
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

I had one (econetic) as a courtesy car during extensive warranty issues to my CL. Try as I might couldn't get consumption below 4.1 including a lot of free running, and the Eco tyres ruined the excellent chasis. So real world difference between the tdi and Eco fez isn't going to be much. Polo diesel supposed to be good too, as long as you get it serviced at a VW dealer ($$$)
Old 24-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #11
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wouldnt touch the Econetic as its an oddball low sales car. There seems to be a lot still for sale.
Maybe the answer is (as suggested by someone above) either a Fez 1.6 petrol sedan (the 1.6 is a great motor with a manual box) or maybe a Focus Hatch with the 1.6 and manual. 66kw for the diesel is too low powered and the Hyundai while equipped with a great motor is let down by styling and other factors. Mind you the Kia Rio with a 1.6 and a 6 speed manual is an attractive car and its got 6 speeds not 5.
Old 24-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #12
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

The Kia also has 4 disc brakes as opposed to drums... Wouldn't touch focus with the 1.6, will be way underpowered, as it's a few hundred heavier than Fez with same motor...
Old 24-05-2012, 09:21 PM   #13
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino
I wouldnt touch the Econetic as its an oddball low sales car. There seems to be a lot still for sale.
Maybe the answer is (as suggested by someone above) either a Fez 1.6 petrol sedan (the 1.6 is a great motor with a manual box) or maybe a Focus Hatch with the 1.6 and manual. 66kw for the diesel is too low powered and the Hyundai while equipped with a great motor is let down by styling and other factors. Mind you the Kia Rio with a 1.6 and a 6 speed manual is an attractive car and its got 6 speeds not 5.
i sat in the top of the line rio model a few weekends ago, and i reckon it aint got squat on a fez interior. neat and tidy, but tick the huge box for booooring.
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post