Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #121
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 
Default Re: Street Machines Memories of 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by coasty
I have a few magazines I've kept since the beginning..

Do you have the artical on a twin blowen falcon ute? Had a XH front on it IIRC...was back in '99

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #122
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Got to say one thing though, the cars from the 80's look better than the hairstyles and clothes, I'm guilty as well, used to go to all the summernats, used to go before they were the summernats, actually started going when they were every 2nd year at Mildura and called the street machine nationals

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #123
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got all the magazines going right back to the early eighties. Also managed to pick up such rarities as Issue Number One of "Van Wheels", then the first issue that had "Van Wheels (& Street Machine)" on the cover, then the first with "Street Machine (& Van Wheels)", then the first issue that had "Street Machine" on it alone.

A least even the wildest cover cars back then actually got driven...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #124
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

I find it odd that Vans are held in such high regard, yet, they are bacially your 4cyl/import/autosalon cars of the day.

Fiberglass, big stereos and bling.

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 03-06-2012, 09:57 PM   #125
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

I'm missing possibly 3 or 4 from almost a complete set starting with the first one with Van Wheels and Street Machine in small print on the front cover

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #126
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Do you have the artical on a twin blowen falcon ute? Had a XH front on it IIRC...was back in '99
You mean the one from Twinlight?

See also the Autoaspeed article here; http://www.autospeed.com/A_107751/cms/article.html
Old 03-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #127
coasty
XH Ute fan

That's the one. Yeah I have that too.
coasty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2012, 10:20 PM   #128
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

YES! Animal!

\≡≡T≡≡/