Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #1
bazza91
Backyard Mechanic

Smile RWC vic

Hey i was just wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a mechanic in vic who can give me a Very hassle free rwc.

Car was my mums, just need to transfer it into my name.

Thanks in advance

bazza91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Default Re: RWC vic

Good luck. The days of 'Hassle Free' RWC's are long gone. All go by the books now and would be surprised if anyone discloses on here anyone who wouldn't.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #3
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Im not sure about VIC but i know in QLD you can get your mum to go in with you and get her to say it was a gift to you as her son and it can be transferred into your name without RWC. I know i did this when i was overseas and dad bought a four wheel drive i wanted, i just went in with him when i got back and changed it into my name.
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #4
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic
Im not sure about VIC but i know in QLD you can get your mum to go in with you and get her to say it was a gift to you as her son and it can be transferred into your name without RWC. I know i did this when i was overseas and dad bought a four wheel drive i wanted, i just went in with him when i got back and changed it into my name.
I think this is still the case in Vic. My sister bought a car which she is giving to her daughter. She inquired in person at the local Vicroads and they said no probs with the transfer. I was surprised.

If you're after some place for easy roadies steer clear of anywhere near population. I live in whoop whoop and all the mechanics in the towns around me are pretty fair. Just don't be expecting to pass with blown out ball joints, rust hanging out everywhere, and oil leaks galore. Tidy and safe and they overlook stupid little things.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #5
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic
Thats the problem:
You dont know, and its Vic, not QLD.
There are no "easy" RWC's anymore.
If it isnt RWC, it wont get the paperwork to be RWC.
Depending on the car and the condition, it may not be worth the effort to do it.
Pretty easy to find the correct answer yourself.
http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/...milymember.htm
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #6
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

with the testers now having to take pics of the car and store them etc it has got rid of most of the shonks who allow dangerous cars to be on the roads

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2012, 11:29 PM   #7
pcman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

they are still out there, but there few and far between, and the days of a phoneworthy dont exist anymore
pcman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #8
zilo
BANNED

take the car to SA.

no RWC's needed.
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 08:04 AM   #9
AU Mont
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryton
Thats the problem:
You dont know, and its Vic, not QLD.
he was trying to help........ and he was onto something there too, so pull your head in

unfortuntately it appears in VIC only transfers to current/former partners are exempt from roadworthiness.

maybe the OP isnt looking for a shonky mechanic, but rather one that doesnt use the roadworthy check similar to a pedders $14 suspension check
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 09:09 AM   #10
bazza91
Backyard Mechanic

The car is fairly rwc, just looking for someone to overlook the tint and a few minor things like aftermarket steering wheel and race pedals.
Everyone around Bendigo seems to want new windscreen and new brake/power/steering fluids and standard shocks and springs.
And I don't have any of the stocks to put back on it.
So jut want someone who might over look that?
Thanks for your help so far guys.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:14 AM   #11
AU Mont
Banned

how dodgy is this car mate ?
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #12
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza91
The car is fairly rwc, just looking for someone to overlook the tint and a few minor things like aftermarket steering wheel and race pedals.
Everyone around Bendigo seems to want new windscreen and new brake/power/steering fluids and standard shocks and springs.
And I don't have any of the stocks to put back on it.
So jut want someone who might over look that?
Thanks for your help so far guys.
Pull those crappy race peddles off for a start as i know first hand exactly how dangerous most are especially the ones with the bolts holding them on ,they can catch your soft shoes and thongs as you lift your foot to apply brakes clutch or lifting off accellerator to brake.if car is fitted with air bag on drivers column then sports steering wheel is a definate FAIL unless factory option that works with air bag
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 12:05 PM   #13
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is this car a VN commo by any chance. LOL
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #14
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU Mont
he was trying to help........ and he was onto something there too, so pull your head in

unfortuntately it appears in VIC only transfers to current/former partners are exempt from roadworthiness.

maybe the OP isnt looking for a shonky mechanic, but rather one that doesnt use the roadworthy check similar to a pedders $14 suspension check
Helping is providing TRUE and CORRECT information,
Guessing and not having a clue about another states legalities ISNT helping.
The CORRECT info and link was already posted - nice way to try and look like you contributed something when you really didnt.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #15
bazza91
Backyard Mechanic

Hahahahahaha nah mate it's an old xf sedan! Don't stress I'll just have to do some work on it.