Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #31
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: road rage

True but it makes you wonder, if the guy that got stabbed had a bat or machete would he of still got stabbed?
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #32
H.G
Driver Returns On Foot

thats the same as saying.. if he was asian would he of been stabbed?

people complain about the way the worlds going.. but we are all responsible for it.. our actions determine others reactions and vice versa. if you want things to change.. then do your part.. dont comply to the standards you dont approve of.
otherwise you are just as much part of the problem.

Last edited by H.G; 05-09-2012 at 11:25 AM.
H.G is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #33
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I meant as a deterrent.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 11:38 AM   #34
SXR6
Still a Ford boy... Just.

Been in a very serious case of road rage. Person infront was driving like a nutjob and 20-30km/h under the speed limit, everytime I tried to merge to go around he would cut me off, so lights and horn were used.
Then finally get along side and hes abusing, I fired back.
Then hes cut me off and come to a stop. Gets out of the car with his buddies, the mrs started to panic as they started walking towards us.
Car behind us, car to the side of us and a light pole on the opposite side.
I didnt really have a way out so I deliberately drove fair and square into the back of his car and kept the foot buried.
Pushed his car clean out of the way and up the gutter up on the foot path and gave me a clear way out. Hit him at about 40km/h while still accelerating.
My car jacked up V8 landrover discovery with bullbar and bracing down to side step/rocksliders vs his nissan pulsar.
Made a mess of his car, broke my front 2 spot lights in the bullbar and frayed my winch cable.
To this day havent heard anything of it.

Once they wake up its water boy time though.
SXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 11:59 AM   #35
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXR6
Been in a very serious case of road rage. Person infront was driving like a nutjob and 20-30km/h under the speed limit, everytime I tried to merge to go around he would cut me off, so lights and horn were used.
Then hes cut me off and come to a stop. Gets out of the car with his buddies, the mrs started to panic as they started walking towards us.
I didnt really have a way out so I deliberately drove fair and square into the back of his car and kept the foot buried.
Pushed his car clean out of the way and up the gutter up on the foot path and gave me a clear way out. Hit him at about 40km/h while still accelerating.
My car jacked up V8 landrover discovery with bullbar and bracing down to side step/rocksliders vs his nissan pulsar.
Made a mess of his car, broke my front 2 spot lights in the bullbar and frayed my winch cable.
I bet that stuffed him.

Last edited by DJM83; 05-09-2012 at 01:33 PM.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #36
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Early morning, lots of fog.
Car in front has just got going, you could tell by the frosty windows and exhaust, doing 30kmh in 60 zone. I overtook him and apparently this was enough for a carchase in the backstreets. Funny start to the workday.
I knew there was a Stop sign ahead and figured that's where it would end.
He jumped out the car ranting about my headlights blinding him through the rear windscreen and reached in and grabbed my round the neck with 2 hands.
I wrestled the window up and drove along with him still attached until he got himself free.

There are crazy people out there, that just don't care.

I had no idea I had upset him at all. Guess he got a No from the missus that morning, something that set his tone for the day.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #37
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here is s snap shot (screen dump from dashcam) of me just going a little sideways as this bimbo pulls out from my left just as im exiting the roundabout (im going straight ahead). How on earth can anyone not see a car just 10m away to their right? Roundabout is big, no cars ahead of me.... she just pulls out while im RIGHT there just meters away.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #38
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It's sad that it had to come to that, but I think it's awesome you got away with so little damage while probably writing his car off. People like that deserve it.

This is a stereotype and some people won't like it, but I have noticed many small car drivers have the biggest attitudes. Do they feel inderior in their small cars so they try to make up for it with a big mouth.
Some guy in a Nissan pulsar abused me for going too slow. 58 in a 60 in peak hour. There was a lane next to me as well.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #39
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I think its just people in general have short fuses these days, doing some time in another workshop this month for experience and since my first day on Monday I've come across two customers who got aggressive over the slightest things.

One got angry when one of the other auto elecs was working on another customers car instead of theirs because they were waiting for parts.

You even see it when in the shops, someone will go the person behind the counter over anything, clothes folded wrong way etc.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 10:51 PM   #40
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I mention the experience I had two years ago every time a road race thread appears and it could have ended up rather serious.

Reached the home stretch of my destination, a car suddenly appears behind me. I kept on the speed limit of 50, as he got extremely close to my back bumper bar and starts yelling inaudible curses from inside his car. I decided to pull over on the side of the road and then he stops parallel beside me going completely off his mind. I tried to drive off again, but he moved forward to block me off, then I tried reversing, but he blocks me off again, so I was literally stuck. I looked at him and gave him "the bird". That made him lose his mind again and started getting out of his car. At that time I thought he would punch my car (as I could easily lock the door), which I didn't want. So I quickly accelerated away as he starts running on foot towards me. He came inches from touching my car that he was trying to grab hold of, and he kept running down the street after me, until at some point gave up. I did a U-turn at the next roundabout to come back to where I wanted to go knowing he would be back in his car by then, when I see his car taking off from the location he got out, he drove on the opposite side of the road coming towards me. I continued heading towards him with my highbeams on and he eventually went back onto his side of the road.

It may have had a very serious ending if I did to him what I wanted to do, such as when he was chasing my car on foot as I was driving away from him. I really did feel like turning back and running him over, (which obviously wouldn't have done me good). Or if I decided to confront him when he blocked me off. What motivated me not to retaliate was because I was intending to report it to the cops, of course there was nothing they could do because no damage was done.

It wasn't the last time I saw that car, I later discovered he lived not far from me. I had seen him return home and he took no attention to speed limits. I did have thoughts about vandalising his car, (something that I would never do).
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 11:25 PM   #41
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Sometimes karma bites hard...

Mate of mine on a bike got run off the road by a ute man moons ago, he told some friends about it who told some friends about it.

Apparently his ute caught fire one night while in his driveway, no one was sure why though...

I don't condone 'revenge' as such, but it's nice to see people getting a taste of their own medicine.

Funniest one I saw personally was a guy go through a red-light and get flashed by the camera
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2012, 12:29 AM   #42
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC200six
I mention the experience I had two years ago every time a road race thread appears and it could have ended up rather serious.

Reached the home stretch of my destination, a car suddenly appears behind me. I kept on the speed limit of 50, as he got extremely close to my back bumper bar and starts yelling inaudible curses from inside his car. I decided to pull over on the side of the road and then he stops parallel beside me going completely off his mind. I tried to drive off again, but he moved forward to block me off, then I tried reversing, but he blocks me off again, so I was literally stuck. I looked at him and gave him "the bird". That made him lose his mind again and started getting out of his car. At that time I thought he would punch my car (as I could easily lock the door), which I didn't want. So I quickly accelerated away as he starts running on foot towards me. He came inches from touching my car that he was trying to grab hold of, and he kept running down the street after me, until at some point gave up. I did a U-turn at the next roundabout to come back to where I wanted to go knowing he would be back in his car by then, when I see his car taking off from the location he got out, he drove on the opposite side of the road coming towards me. I continued heading towards him with my highbeams on and he eventually went back onto his side of the road.

It may have had a very serious ending if I did to him what I wanted to do, such as when he was chasing my car on foot as I was driving away from him. I really did feel like turning back and running him over, (which obviously wouldn't have done me good). Or if I decided to confront him when he blocked me off. What motivated me not to retaliate was because I was intending to report it to the cops, of course there was nothing they could do because no damage was done.

It wasn't the last time I saw that car, I later discovered he lived not far from me. I had seen him return home and he took no attention to speed limits. I did have thoughts about vandalising his car, (something that I would never do).
I sympathise with the urge to 'flame on', once the other person escalates, when you have done nothing wrong, and they blatantly have...I have not come to violence or damage to other cars...but being ex military I tend to respond poorly to threats.

Hopefully their poor driving habits will eventually remove them (and only them) from the gene pool.
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #43
zilo
BANNED

KEEP LEFT and you will never be road raged, simply ignored...

probably get home quicker too....works for me....
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2012, 04:11 AM   #44
bazza91
Backyard Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_F6
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

"I keep a hugh Maglite in my car because it's a very sturdy "torch" officer"

Friend of the family was punched in the face for cutting someone off by accident... our family friend is in his 80's....

I also have a maglite, its rather large, and has come in handy quite a few times.

Although ill never tell a police officer this (when being questioned), i also have 12 years of extensive martial arts experience, including muay thai, kick boxing, judo, and hapkido it all comes in handy eventually.
bazza91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #45
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugg

sorry, far from true.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #46
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugg

One answer does not solve all, but this would make a huge difference
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #47
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I kept left and had 'real hoon' tailgate me so close I didn't even know there was a car behind me, I just couldn't see anything out the rear view mirror.

His lights suddenly appeared and I realised how close he was, jumped on the brakes and he backed off swiftly. Flew up beside me flipping the bird, yelling f-this, f-that, f-you etc and sped off.... to the next car in line and did the same thing.

Some people just want to cause trouble, nothing you can do about that one unfortunately.
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #48
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_F6
I kept left and had 'real hoon' tailgate me so close I didn't even know there was a car behind me, I just couldn't see anything out the rear view mirror.

His lights suddenly appeared and I realised how close he was, jumped on the brakes and he backed off swiftly. Flew up beside me flipping the bird, yelling f-this, f-that, f-you etc and sped off.... to the next car in line and did the same thing.

Some people just want to cause trouble, nothing you can do about that one unfortunately.
times like these i ponder those buttons on my steering wheel......

stezza / cruise..

50 cal / rocket launchers..

bam.. bam.. boom.. have a nice day....
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2012, 01:33 AM   #49
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose

Here is s snap shot (screen dump from dashcam) of me just going a little sideways as this bimbo pulls out from my left just as im exiting the roundabout (im going straight ahead). How on earth can anyone not see a car just 10m away to their right? Roundabout is big, no cars ahead of me.... she just pulls out while im RIGHT there just meters away.
Jim; you crossing an unbroken line R to L?; or
were you in the left-lane and being forced right - across the unbroken line?

Quote:
So, what brand of driving light did you replace them with? !!!!
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2012, 01:33 AM   #50
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Delete - double post
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #51
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Think its best not to get involved (I am no angel, and have had instances as I am sure we all have) But best to get home and live another day. Even if you win, be it a fight or verbal altercation - what do you actually win? and it may come back at you some time down the track (either legally - charged, fined etc, or illegally, some other form of payback)

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2012, 11:47 PM   #52
Ezz
05 BF XR6T

Lesson: If someone follows you following an encounter like this, simply drive into a police station. Even walk in if needed. Don't just go to a public place. I doubt they wld try to stab you outside the cop station. These tools don't value human life in anyway... disgraceful stuff.

Mount a camera on your dash to record the tools in all their glory. We don't need these deadbeats on our roads or in our communities for that matter.
340+kW @ the wheels @ 14psi

Brembo 6 Pots / ZF Tune
BIG Thanks to Chris & Theo
BLUEPOWER Racing Development
Ezz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2012, 12:24 AM   #53
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

plenty of sketchy crackheads out there.. they can go all silly real quick.. be prepared to crack them in the head..
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2012, 12:55 AM   #54
mwhit43
folden guy

wow, Me and my mum were driving and me being on my L's i gotta consentrate ect... anyway i was slowing down to go over a train track and then slowed down more after i got off the railroad to turn. anyway my mum starts calling the person behind me a ****head cause he was on my *** and then sped off. even tho they were stupid i had absolutely no road rage!
mwhit43 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2012, 02:13 AM   #55
B&D Racing
Banned

Lot's of stories none suitable for family entertainment !!
B&D Racing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #56
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
This hero followed a 21yr old female home......

A man has been charged after allegedly verbally abusing a female driver, throwing items at her, following her home, threatening her father with a knife and trying to run him over in a suspected road rage incident in the Blue Mountains, police say.

The 21-year-old woman was travelling west in a Ford Festiva on the Great Western Highway at Woodford about 5pm on Saturday when she changed lanes, police said.

The Blackheath man, who was driving a Holden Calibra, then allegedly horned at her several times, yelled at her, threw unspecified items at her and followed her in his car.

Investigators said she called her parents, who then waited for her at her Hazelbrook home as she drove there.
Advertisement

The man allegedly threatened her father at the home and tried to run him over with his car, police said.

He was arrested by police at the home and charged with being armed with the intention to commit an indictable offence, affray, common assault, driving a vehicle in a manner that menaces or with the intention to menace, and stalking or intimidation with the intent to cause fear of physical or mental harm.

The man was given conditional bail to appear in Penrith Local Court on October 8.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/road-rage-...903-258yx.html
I'd be angry if I had to drive a Calibra too.

Last edited by nuthin' fancy; 11-09-2012 at 08:49 AM.
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2012, 08:38 AM   #57
MrsLow006

Funny how brave people become behind the wheel of a weapon. Lived in Sydney many years ago and hated the drive home every day. Needless to say the reason being the drongo's on the road at the same time was the reason for my loathing the drive. One day a bloke, having a bad day, abused me for a reason totally unknown to me, something about chicks should not be on the road, bird, F this and F that usual stuff..... anyway hubby happened to be in the car and did not like the mouth on this bloke. Ended up behind him at a set of lights. Before I know it hubby out and walking towards the DH. DH decidedes to hit reverse and hubby yells bring it on!!!!! and keeps walking towards his drivers door... DH looks around and realises he is boxed in by other vehicles so a flurry of arm work and his window is being wound up - hubby walks up to his car - DH is looking for a new pair of undies by now - hubby puts his face against the window and laughs at him
DH left shaking in his boots - hubby is a big kiwi boy and left satisfied he had given the bloke a fright.

XB - ENVY

XB WAGON - Dark Angel
MrsLow006 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #58
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC200six
I mention the experience I had two years ago every time a road rage thread appears and it could have ended up rather serious.
I see I made another mistake. Guess my mind was preoccupied recounting my experience.

A segment on dealing with road rage on a show called Worst Case Scenario with Bear Grylls http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t79xOWDf50
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2012, 11:19 PM   #59
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Buy a Toyota Camry, put a hat on the rear parcel shelf, break out the beige cardigan and become invisible to police and other road users.

Fly under the radar
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post