Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-12-2005, 02:32 AM   #1
51OAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default After Market Headunit For AUIII

Hey

I want to pull the standard headunit out of my AUIII falcon, i have put subs and a amp in my car and used a line level converter to hook it up, sounds good but would sound better with a new headunit.

I can see there is 4 holes around the standard headunit i know u need a special tool to get this undone. Where can i get this tool from? also installing a new deck will leave a gap under the new unit so can u buy a thing that goes in there to fill the hole from ford?

So im after:
Where to get the tool from to remove standard Headunit?

Where to get the piece to fill in the gap after the new headunits in and roughly how much? if u have a erial number for that please post it up.

thanks

51OAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 03:23 AM   #2
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if u used the search function ud find out no worries..

and u can use a coat hanger cut into 4 pieces to jam into the holes..

and the pocket u can get off EBAY or from ford

ford can usually remove the headunit for a LOW fee.. if not for FREE.. or any other audio install shop
blackers10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 02:28 PM   #3
tudor_01

Try this site www.aerpro.com and do a search for part no:FP995200 (facia kit). You should be able to get it from Repco or Autobahn for about $35......
tudor_01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2005, 10:45 AM   #4
The Monty
Just slidin'

ER 18846 A1 is the part number for the pocket that goes underneath. It costs around $20 and comes only in grey and you get it from Ford.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:28 PM   #5
51OAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well i have my new unit in now, i got the peace from wow site and sound for $19.95 all is good it has a few gaps around the unit which i don't care cause it sounds ing sick. it sits on abit of an angle cause its just sitting in there but it won't come out unless i brake the bottom piece. I bought those cables so it just clips into the standard ones. All i have to do now is go and buy some half decent speakers
51OAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post