Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-05-2013, 01:23 AM   #31
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: just test drove a CTSV f150 raptor & Taurus SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
If getting a decent job in the workforce in Aus means you only get to keep half (less if you factor in all the extra taxes pm fuel, etc), minimum wage really doesn't mean all that much.
You see that happening here, more government interventions that supposedly help everyone, ends up hurting the middle class in some other way. Whether its an increase the cost of living or fewer job opportunities.

Last edited by chevypower; 02-05-2013 at 01:40 AM.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2013, 08:16 AM   #32
mash again
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual View Post
When our dollar a few years back was just half the us dollar, or minimum wage was the same.really makes no difference. $7 an hour when everything is half the price of here right now is the same as here. Cheap houses, cars, food. All les than half price compared to here. Now the us minimum wage doesn't look any worse than here does it? ??
really, you only getting paid $14 an hour?? i thought our min was up around $20.

you need to compare apples with apples, if the housing is dirt cheap theres a reason, usually no work in that area, we are more expensive but not by as much as you may think. Im pretty sure with our wages we are mostly better of.
if you want $7 dollars an hr go for it, but dont get sick because you need insurance and dont get unemployed for any length of time. We have it pretty good, Id love a raptor but dont think i would swap my lifestyle for it
mash again is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-05-2013, 12:17 PM   #33
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash again View Post
really, you only getting paid $14 an hour?? i thought our min was up around $20.

you need to compare apples with apples, if the housing is dirt cheap theres a reason, usually no work in that area, we are more expensive but not by as much as you may think. Im pretty sure with our wages we are mostly better of.
if you want $7 dollars an hr go for it, but dont get sick because you need insurance and dont get unemployed for any length of time. We have it pretty good, Id love a raptor but dont think i would swap my lifestyle for it
$15.96 is minimum wage in Victoria, but apprentices and trainee's can be lower.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #34
steve.zissou
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I didnt realise the taurus was that big. when i drove it it felt smaller than a falcon from the inside. from the outside every car looked smaller because of all the pick up trucks. the smaller utes over there like the small toyotas and nissans, looked comical next tot a big truck.

that would be an issue selling the falcon and commodore utes there. Here they look good, but over there they would look like toy cars.

I also didnt realise they were going to put the same ctsv engine in the HST GTS now. I looked it up and the engine puts out about 350ish rwkw so similar to the 5.0 from ford.

just on the point of minimum wage.

it was $7 in texas but you'd have to be a muppet to earn that. they guys working fast food or walmart get that and they are terrible staff really. it wouldn't take much effort to get $15 a hour and if your keen and responsible you'll move up quick.

The only car I really wished I drove and didnt was a zr1 corvette - now that would be insane. I guess some one else is going to have to report on that one (i can help make you the fake business cards - hehehe)
steve.zissou is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #35
Cruzycuzz

I wonder how many F150 Raptors that are bought, actually leave the bitumen.
Cruzycuzz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #36
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzycuzz View Post
I wonder how many F150 Raptors that are bought, actually leave the bitumen.
Probably like 1/10th like all the SUVs/4x4s you see in Melbourne, people with 200 series Land Cruisers slowing down to 2km/h to crawl over a speed hump in a shopping center.

I've only met one person with a 200 series that uses it off road, and he accidentally went for a swim into someones dam during an off-road race, completely submerged under water.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #37
MSTA57

Since following a f150 raptor and getting to have a proper look at one we. Which is myself and my better half fell in love.
I think there around $145,xxx at the moment here in oz.
but we want one once we have purchased out land
MSTA57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2013, 11:23 PM   #38
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Sounds like a great way to spend a day. Just retarded that we have to pay 100k extra here to get an F-Truck, Ram or Silverado, etc.
UberKnee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post