Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #31
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Proud of my son!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev28K View Post
Is that Capoeira? Lots of high low strikes with change of levels? A friend of mine does that and he has the sharpest, pointiest elbows that are always in your face. I would hate to run in to him if I was just a meathead with height, youth, gender, weight & a nasty personality on my side.

I also know some feather weight chicks that could easily topple guys that weigh more than double their weight. I've seen them train and I'm just in awe of them. I pity the fool that tries to take them on.
I don't know what it is called. I just stir him and call it Brazilian dance as I studied Japanese Jiu jitsu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny351
Awesome work for the young bloke, he deserves all the congrats.

But, as a crim defense lawyer like myself, get him to knock up a statement pronto as he may be called into court to give evidence.

Not to rain on his parade, but he can be charged with false imprisonment and assault, as the grub was running away when your young bloke collected him - but is extremely unlikely.

It's the law, as much as I disagree.
Thanks, his statement was done on the day.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2013, 08:40 PM   #32
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd just like to thank all those who showed their support for my original post. I must admit when I put it up I was in 2 minds as there are many "civil libertarians" (do-gooders) in this world.

It re-affirms that many younger folk still really know right from wrong and if this trend continues then we will eventually win out over the others.

I also think that many of us (me, as well) don't tell our kids enough that we are proud of them when they do something well.

Once again, thank you very much.
Old 20-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #33
Breno
Starter Motor

Personally I think he should have left police out of it and just beat the crap out of him....
Breno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #34
Falco GT51
Blue Blood

LG17 your son is a jet! He should get award and be congratulated for his actions!
He shouldn't have to worry about his statement or his actions.
We have gone to soft on crime, we don't protect the victim or someone who rights a wrong!
Your boy is a HERO, I'm sure the young woman's farther appreciates his bravery
2005 BA GT Mll #0697.
1979 XD 5.8 X Pursuit
2015 FGX XR8

Powered by FORD
Falco GT51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #35
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny351 View Post

But, as a crim defense lawyer like myself, get him to knock up a statement pronto as he may be called into court to give evidence.

Not to rain on his parade, but he can be charged with false imprisonment and assault, as the grub was running away when your young bloke collected him - but is extremely unlikely.

I don't think there would be a chance in hell of the young bloke being charged with false imprisonment or assault.

He used reasonable force to effect a citizens arrest on a thug and criminal. Even if the thug tried to claim assault, i doubt he would have much success.

The offender was detained using minimal force, the cops were called as soon as practicable. Use of force is permissible to a person making a citizens arrest in self defence, or to prevent the escape of the offender.

As you said, it's extremely unlikely...

Good on the young bloke!
jimmyxr6t04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-01-2013, 02:07 AM   #36
Falconson71
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Proud of my son!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
Yesterday my young bloke was involved in an attempted robbery at his work in Brisbane.
There was only the young receptionist and him there at that particular time.

He was out the back doing paperwork when he heard an unusual noise, a thud, a crack and then female screaming.
Being young (24) and invincible he runs to the front office only to see the young receptionist on the floor holding her bloodied face and an ******** going through the cash drawer.

The robber took one look at my son (6’5”, 105kg, beard, tattoos and fit as) turned around and started running!
It only took a few steps and my ex Rugby son tackled this bloke to the ground, put a sleeper hold on him and then locked him in an empty storeroom.

He attended to the poor receptionist who had a broken nose and jaw from this lowlife while he phoned the police and ambos.

The police arrived very quickly (the robber was still half out of it) and while one copper was delivering the official line, “You shouldn’t have really taken the robber on blah, blah, blah…” the other was giving him the thumbs up and saying, “Good on you, mate!”

I have never been prouder of my son than I am today – he hates injustice and violence towards women which is why he did what he did – that and adrenaline!
Adrenaline will do it!!
Falconson71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #37
XT302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny351 View Post

If you're a defence lawyer you'd know, BUT in NSW anyway common law, even now with the existence of LEPRA. Anyone can make a lawfull arrest during or immediately after an offence has been committed, and use reasonable force to execute the arrest. In Cairns/QLD who knows?
Old 15-07-2013, 10:18 PM   #38
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He is in Brisbane - still Qld, just!

The would be robber is currently having a well deserved holiday courtesy of Her Majesty and the young girl is going really well. She was transferred to the Head Office and is happy working there.
7 users like this post:
Old 16-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #39
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Missed this thread the first time round
What sought of a low-life moron robs a rent-a-car place? and bashes the the young girl?
No place in our society for that sought of filth.
Good on your young bloke, I'm just glad he was up to the task.
Old 16-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #40
backbreaker
Thanks C&V 350 rwkw F6

Congratulations mate,I'm even proud of your son & I don't even know you or him. May be he could teach some of these football players a thing or 2. Be proud his is a good son.CHEERS BB