Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #1
EvilChief
Boost Addict

Default Re: what have criminals done to you?

I have gotten off relatively easy so far,

One attempted grand theft auto on my Subaru Liberty Turbo ... was however hindered by the fact that there was no gearbox in it at the time (yes another broken Subaru gearbox), the ended up stealing my number plates and driving a Festiva on the roads with them for a week or so, before the cops picked them up with it and I got my number plates back (were only standard issue ones anyway).

Second car was not really stolen, but was fraud. Had to sell the shell of my race 4WD as it was sitting in a mates backyard and he was getting the **** with it (that's fair enough). Ended up selling it to a friend of a friend, he gave me a deposit and was going to pay me out a week later. He ended up stripping the car, fitted it all to another car sold, made a profit, moved interstate a few months later and never to be heard of again. ended up finding out that he owed a lot of people and even local business a lot of money. 2.5g lost there.

Then also had a bunch of tools stolen from my tool box in my car port (they were locked but still pried them open and stole all my air tools, a couple grands worth lost there.

And then the usual internet fraud, mostly me buying something of ebay or forums and never receiving the goods, but that has improved immensely in last few years with the introduction of new and safer payment methods (having said that still waiting for some parts to arrive that I ordered over 4 weeks ago).
LN65 Hilux Turbo - sold
EL31 Corolla Turbo - sold
Ford AU Ute Turbo - sold
Ford AU XR8 Sedan - 5.4l V8 Turbo (in the build)
Ford BA XR6T Ute - daily driver
Ford FG XR6T Sedan - cruiser

do you see a general trend? I DO

Can't live with it, can't live without it!
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post