Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-11-2013, 12:32 AM   #1
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Default Just finished s1 to s2 front brake conversion and superpro bushes

I cant believe how good the car drives.
I was expecting it to be harsh but its just the opposite, smooth and tight and communicative with no knocks or rattles even with my firm pedders suspension.
Speed humps, up driveways and joins in the road are no problem.

As for the front brakes they are s2 calipers with new pbr slotted rotors and pads.

Pedal feel exists now and.travel is no worse as you dont have to push so hard now.

Have braided hoses for front to go in and will make up a master cylinder brace to stop firewall flex as that will further remove any soft feel and reduce travel further.

Im not sure how the super pro bushes will be on coarse highways but around town up to 100k there is not much of a noise increase.

I also hope they last longer than stock rubbers.

The car is a s1 v8 fairlane with 135,000 km. Front bushes had a slight crack when flexed by screw driver, lower ball joints were not sloppy but were real easy to articulate compared to the new road safe ones.

Upper ball joints were ok and so was the upper inner bushes so the rubber ones will stay for now but that will be easy to change at a later date.

I would thoroughly recommend super pro bushes and new ball joints and if you have a s1 and not happy with the brakes then do the conversion.

Would like to thank previous posters who made the effort to post info and pics of their conversions.

If doing the conversion air tools make things quicker and easier and deep sockets are required in places, oh and little kids asking for dads attention will slow you down too

Now to do the irs bushes...

Cheers,
Andrew.

Last edited by mif73; 07-11-2013 at 12:37 AM.
mif73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: Just finished s1 to s2 front brake conversion and superpro bushes

Good work!

Having had the S1 - S2 front brake conversion done on my wagon, I can attest to the improvement in braking.

I'm actually about to replace the front rotors with dba slotteds and QFM pads, and new QFM pads on the rear (S1) to get the braking performance and pedal feel back to where it was when I first installed the setup around 5-6 years ago!

Cheers!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: