Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 05-01-2014, 05:43 PM   #1
RyanD

Default Child car seats in a hatch?

Might look at getting a 2013 sport hatch this year for my work car. On the odd occasion I may need to fit 2 car seats and a booster seat in it for the kids who ar 3 5 and 7. I looked up the hip width in the rear online and it says it is 1370mm which is similar to my ba falcon which we just fit the seats in. Has anyone else ever fitted 3 seats in the back of a hatch?

RyanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2014, 05:54 PM   #2
Focusfan

Default Re: Child car seats in a hatch?

Best to go to dealer that has stock of the car and do the measurements to see if
they will fit, they would also be happy to show you where the mount points are for
child belts if need them as well. I have a sport and cant help as I don't have kids or
need any booster seating. Good luck and I don't think you will be unhappy driving a
sport, except for idiots that is that think it is the ST turbo and keep wanting to drag
race you.
Focusfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2014, 06:41 PM   #3
RyanD

Thanks. Yes I will measure when I start looking. Just curious to know if any one has done it
Old 05-01-2014, 10:55 PM   #4
monk3y

Hey RyanD,

We've got a LW Titanium Hatch and have one child seat (4 year old) and a booster (7 year old) in the back. Personally, I wouldn't like to put another seat/booster between them, as there isn't much room, but that said, I've never actually tried it either.
XE Fairmont Ghia - 4.1L EFI
AUIII XR6 - 5 speed in Blueprint
SY Territory TS RWD
BA MKII XR8 ENFORCER
EL Fairmont
monk3y is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2014, 07:01 AM   #5
RyanD

Thanks monk3y. Yea I knew it would be tight just like it is in my falcon. Obviously depends on the type of seats we have too.