Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 07-02-2014, 09:22 AM   #1
friskygoat89
Starter Motor

Default Brand New Ford Focus Trend 2.0L 6SP Auto 2014

Hey guys, i'm a newbie.

I'm so frustrated. So here is my situation. I purchased a brand new Focus Trend from City ford Zetland.

Picked it up on Saturday 01/02/14. As I was driving home the engine light came on and showed "Engine Malfunction Service Now" and I couldn't accelerate as the car had no power at all to even go to the kerb so I had to turned it off and turned it back on. It happened 4times within 45 minutes and everytime the light came on I had to turned off and on. This is so annoying because The reason I got a new car is I don't have to deal with any of old cars problems like break down or flat battery or etc.

Rang Ford Zetland immediately and told them my story and Andrew suggested that I bring it back. Brought it back on Monday 03/02/14 and all the technician did was upgrade the pcm software.
So I went home with a big smile and thought finally I can enjoy a nice ride in it. Before I know it, the light came on again and show the same message and this time I was on M5 with fast traffic and luckily I acted fast and quickly turned it off and on again.

Rang Ford right away and left tons of messages and they didn't even bother to ring me back. I was so frustated as this problem shouldn't be happening at all.
Spoke to Jarrad and Robert and got told to bring it back again to get it check.

Why would I wanna go through all of this **** with a brand new car ? Isn't that the reason we buy a new one so we don't have to deal with any of this problems.

So disappointed with the customer service that I received from Ford. They not making any effort to fix my problems.
I am frustrated and desperate and ready to take Brent Polites(dealer principal) to Dept. Of Fair Trading.
I have made a complaint to ACCC and waiting for their reply.

Ford Zetland refused to give me a replacement, refund or even try to solve this problem.
I'm on the other hand been trying like crazy, frustrated, annoyed. Didn't know who turn to.

Please give me some advise. I'm desperately need to solve this problem ASAP

friskygoat89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2014, 07:52 PM   #2
scorpio39

Default Re: Brand New Ford Focus Trend 2.0L 6SP Auto 2014

It would appear the service department haven't a fix for it.
Most would share your frustration.
A complaint to the ACCC is a step in the right direction.

In the meantime I would park outside the dealers at weekends, with a large placard outlining your problems.
scorpio39 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2014, 11:39 AM   #3
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Advice? Start noting each call you make, each call you receive, each problem you have and people you speak to. When warranty work is done get a receipt stating the issue you had and what they did to rectify it.

My car had a similar issue, low bat apparently. Ask em to ensure the charging system is up to scratch.

Sadly, your experiences regarding after sales service were the same as my own. Changing brand doesn't help much, the dealer we got our new Mitsubishi from is the same.

Keep onto it... they would love you to just stop winging and vanish.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2014, 11:55 AM   #4
friskygoat89
Starter Motor

Angry Re: Brand New Ford Focus Trend 2.0L 6SP Auto 2014

I'm so sick and tired chasing them up. they don't even care.
Spoke to some women from CRC and she was lovely.
Hopefully I get a replacement. I insisted them I want a replacement or full refund.

Really disappointed with the customer service, I will never ever recommend them to anyone.
Spoke to so many people from that Ford and they all are pretending to be such an idiot.

I have lodged a complaint to NSW Fair Trading. But it takes up to 30 days to process. arrrggghh so frustated
Old 10-02-2014, 12:15 PM   #5
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Absolutely diabolical you can get this sort of problem with a brand new car on the first drive home.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-02-2014, 02:53 PM   #6
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Take it back to the salesman who sold it to you and ask for a refund under the Acl 2011.

They have to fix it or replace it. Theres probably something minor wrong with it. You have to be hard and fast though time is not on your side.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2014, 10:02 AM   #7
scorpio39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
Take it back to the salesman who sold it to you and ask for a refund under the Acl 2011.

They have to fix it or replace it. Theres probably something minor wrong with it. You have to be hard and fast though time is not on your side.
I would have thought if they had a fix it for it , they would have !!!
Fobbing you off, is bad publicity for them.
You have posted on this site , would have told friends, acquaintances, relatives and who ever wanted to listen.
This gives the dealer a bad name !!
A bad name equates to lost business.
If, they offer a replacement, may I suggest the manual.
The auto problems have been well documented on this and other sites.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:59 AM   #8
friskygoat89
Starter Motor

@scorpio39:
first of all, I don't care if it's bad for their business. They definitely not making any effort. It's been a week since I got the car and they didn't even try to contact me to try to resolve this matter.
I have spoken to Jarrad Czapla(brand new car manager) he was shouting at me like it was my fault.
I already said to them that I want a replacement or refund. They simply ignored me like I'm the crazy one.

@DASH GT: the salesman is nowhere to be found. Apparently he is on holidays after he sold me the car.

I knew I shouldn't have got the Ford. Should have got the Hyundai or Mazda instead.

and btw, my car is still at their workshop. Been there since Thursday.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:28 PM   #9
scorpio39

[ and btw, my car is still at their workshop. Been there since Thursday.[/QUOTE]

Most likely awaiting a PCM from China.
If so they should have put you in the picture !!!
Also they may be embarrassed about the situation.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:25 PM   #10
friskygoat89
Starter Motor

LOL they upgraded the PCM software and lights still on.
Well got good news today and they have agreed to give me a replacement.
Haven't got a called or anything but hopefully I can pick it up by this week.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:06 PM   #11
D Block

Hopefully a good outcome for you. This highlights one of Fords major issues; dealer integrity. So many instances on this forum of new buyers experiencing a dealer default position of "prove it", and obstinately denying responsibilty that it makes me wary to buy a Ford.
D Block is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-02-2014, 12:17 PM   #12
friskygoat89
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Brand New Ford Focus Trend 2.0L 6SP Auto 2014

just a follow up: I got a replacement car on Sunday 23rd Feb. Because they couldn't fix the other one and they had no choice but to replaced.
all my whinging and hard work paid off. hopefully this one doesn't have any faulty. finger crossed

Thanks for your help everybody, really appreciated.
3 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2014, 06:16 PM   #13
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

This is why Ford is on the nose in this Country.
Fordman1 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2014, 08:53 PM   #14
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and they will sell that car to some unsuspecting person....
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2014, 10:56 PM   #15
Foconatic

I hope the issue with your car was not something stupid like a faulty brake light switch? If your brake lights are on and you are on the throttle the ECU cant tell if you are accelerating or braking and goes into limp mode. Just a thought?

Going somewhere isn't why you drive, driving is why you go
Foconatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post