Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-03-2014, 12:24 AM   #1
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Audi A7 drive

Called on a mate today that I haven't seen for a few weeks and he'd changed cars since my last visit. The previous Audi A5 twin turbo V8 and Q7 were gone and been replaced by a four door Audi A7 sport back twin turbo diesel and a Ferrari 599 for the toy department (he's not short of a quid). The A7 was new and the 599 is a low kms Corsa Red 2008 model fitted with carbon fibre disc brakes of mammoth proportions and an interior laced with acres of Connolly leather and carbon fibre.

He didn't have to ask twice if I wanted to drive the A 7 and it is a truly wonderful machine. The driver is confronted by a dash and console fitted with a bewildering array of the latest in electronic gadgetry. From the passenger seat he pressed a button and it downloaded the complete contents of my phone in my pocket and displayed it on a large screen that emerged from the dash (handy for spies). Turn the sound system on and futuristic circular Bose speakers about 20 cms in diameter rise up from the dash top and so on and so forth.

Taking it for a short blast, the eight speed auto went though the gears in a seamless surge and the 650nm of torque made incredible acceleration at any speed. Having previously owned F6's myself, I thought it must have around 350+ KW but it has much less than that. With their success at Le Mans, Audi have certainly made diesels a potent weapon.

Unfortunately we ran out of time for a drive of the 599, but will do so at some time in the future.

I drove a 599 convertible he owned back in 2006 and it was a nice thing.
I took some pics with my phone but can't find the download cable so have put a couple of links to show the cars.

Audi A 7
http://www.audi.com.au/au/brand/en/m...FU5FpQod_jwAIw

Ferrari 599
http://auto.ferrari.com/en_EN/sports...9-gtb-fiorano/

Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2014, 02:00 PM   #2
Rodge
Banned

Default Re: Audi A7 drive

Thanks for sharing...looks like a pretty attractive bit of kit in more ways than one.
230 Kw, 650 nm's
0-100 in 5.3 seconds
6.4L /100 km's combined fuel consumption
5 way adaptive suspension
Very nice.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2014, 09:12 PM   #3
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Audi A7 drive

The thing is Rodge, the power delivery is there at any speed. At 140 kph (on a closed road of course lol) the acceleration feels the same as lower down. The torque makes it feel like a 350 kw car.

By the way, here is my thread from when I drove his previous 599 Ferrari. Note the number plate and the crutches in the passenger compartment. The owner was just recovering from a near fatal crash in his racing Ferrari.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11244372
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post