Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 07-11-2014, 11:08 PM   #1
olddog
Starter Motor

Default DRL,s Not Working

Hi to all, New to the forum and have just aquired a Mondeo MC Wagon 2013
with very low K's so after looking on ebay and going on to the forum and reading all about DRL,s I bit the bullet and purchased some from China through a UK link on Ebay they arrived Tuesday and was going to fit them this weekend and having read on another forum about a guy who went to all the trouble of fitting and then found 1 LED not working I decided to test them first, very lucky I did I have only I LED working in each light, different positions but only 1 working, so sent email to seller no reply as yet, has anyone else had similar problems with the china DRL.................Peter

olddog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2014, 02:12 AM   #2
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: DRL,s Not Working

do you have access to be able to test each individual LED?

write it off as lesson learned.
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2014, 11:38 AM   #3
olddog
Starter Motor

Hi Cobrin, Yes and no, I could test but I cannot get them apart very easily without damage, yes I think it is a write off, I may get my money refunded from ebay if I am lucky, the outer cases look very scratched and second hand to me, not the lights but the plastic that they sit in, It maybe a better proposition to get some Hella DRL and cut them into the existing plastic inserts ...........Peter
olddog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2014, 07:03 PM   #4
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

yeah there's a few things you shouldn't buy without prior in-depth research on ebay:

Led Torches
Batteries
USB flash drives (and solid state memory cards)

to name a few. Start with the dispute and if no luck (because of delivery costs) yeah sure I like the idea of utilising the bracket. Or something else.
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post