Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-10-2015, 07:11 AM   #1
FPVS3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Red face South African safari trip

Just had 19 days in SA on a safari trip. Few days in Cape Town then 3 safari parks belonging to the More organisation.
Parks were Madikwe, Lion Sands and Marataba.

Best holiday ever! Though I thought we were goners once.....in Lion Sands we sat in our open top vehicle (land rover) on dusk and watched 7 lions from in front of us stalk 10 cape buffalo 400 metres away, area was a big open flat by a river.
One lion used our vehicle as cover as she back tracked and walked right around us for a different approach to the buff, she almost looked apologetic as she went past.

The buff were all sitting down, I said to my guide "those bloody things won't come our way will they?"

Next thing the buff all stood up, looked like a couple of lion went beyond them and all of a sudden the whole lot were coming at us!
I'll never forget the sight of a line of cape buffalo with a bunch of hungry lions amongst them coming at us! We were all screaming/swearing whatever, the guide said after he was most entertained by my wife's colourful language, !
My thought was if 1 of those buff hit the vehicle we'll have it right there beside us with a bunch of lions all over it/us!
The guide quickly turned the vehicle tail on to the oncoming chaos and had to stop 'cos of a small tree. Luckily the buff mob split and charged past us, one of them was grabbed by the lions 30 metres in front of us then they proceeded over 10 minutes or so to bring it down and kill it, not pretty, the guide said they'd start eating it alive which we didn't hang around for.

I'll never forget that, an amazing sight.

[IMG][/IMG]
2011 FG GTP 335 S/C. Auto, tiptronic. iPV ceramic headers, stainless hi flow cats and big bore, BMC filter, X3 tune, DBA T3 rotors, Roadhouse Performance pads. From Herrod; 100lb injectors, hi flow pump, Aeroflow fuel regulator, air to water intercooler, hi boost pulley kit, JLT breather. Hub dynoed at 598fwkw, 498rwkw, 959Nm torque, boost 10.62psi at 3750rpm (warm day). All done by iPV!
Other rides; '21 Jaguar F-Pace, '21 Ford Ranger FX4-MAX.
FPVS3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post: