Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-02-2006, 10:30 AM   #1
KJ1

Default Rally driving course/experience- which one is most 'extreme'?!

Good morning everyone,

I've joined up here in the hope that someone may be able to help me with the following request! My boyfriends birthday is coming up and I'd love to give him a gift of a rally driving experience/course, however all the ones on 'gift' sites such as www.freemanx.com.au and www.adrenalin.com.au are quite 'tame'...he's a very competent driver and has done some defensive driving training so I think he'd be bored with anyone that was too low level or basic...does anyone know of a company or place that offers rally driving courses that are more unrestricted and would better suit a really competent driver rather than a watered down one day 'experience'?....any help would be much appreciated!!

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2006, 10:50 AM   #2
Simmo
White Lightning

your state would help us out. but the WRX experiance in queensland is supopsed to be pretty good.

http://www.thewrxexperience.com.au
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2006, 10:52 AM   #3
KJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo
your state would help us out. but the WRX experiance in queensland is supopsed to be pretty good.

Sorry...I'm in NSW (Sydney metro)
Old 23-02-2006, 11:55 AM   #4
LTDHO
The one and only

I had signed up for the all day rally course through www.adrenalin.com.au but had to cancel due to not having the funds. Looks great.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2006, 12:30 PM   #5
Phil91EB

I have heard the one out at oran park is pretty good however I was out there last week on the main track and the rally guys where there and it looked very tame. You could always spend the money on an old bomb and he could get into rallying pretty cheap a couple of my mates and I did it years ago in an old mazda 1100 that we bought for $300.
2006 BF Falcon
Phil91EB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2006, 12:36 PM   #6
KJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
I had signed up for the all day rally course through www.adrenalin.com.au but had to cancel due to not having the funds. Looks great.
thanks for your reply...I looked at that one (also at the half day one) I was just concerned that for the money you pay, the experience of it all was going to be too tame? I know for those experiences they have to cater for all stages of people and was only worried that if you were at the top end of the experience level, you might find it a bit boring?
Old 23-02-2006, 12:45 PM   #7
Simmo
White Lightning

you'll be hard pressed to find somewhere that will let a first time customer just drive off in a powerful car. they will want you to do some sort of prep day beforehand for their insurance.
Old 23-02-2006, 01:05 PM   #8
KJ1

Quote:
you'll be hard pressed to find somewhere that will let a first time customer just drive off in a powerful car. they will want you to do some sort of prep day beforehand for their insurance.
You're right...thats what I thought once i started investigating but just thought I'd ask on the off chance that someone knew of something that was just a little more interesting than the 'experience' sites...although if anyone had any feedback that suggests the above sites DO provide a good day for an experienced driver I would be more than happy to go with them! Might have to just come up with another gift idea I think....
Old 23-02-2006, 07:47 PM   #9
stiddy
Banned

Quote:

THAT COURSE IS UNREAL!

I did that when I was up there on a holiday, never had so much fun, beat everyone else by 4seconds to!! got a scholarship back in syd when I was 16 from it aswell! Won a hat, and got a certificate too..
Next time im in QLD again, im definately going back there..
for only a few hundred dollars your let loose in a brand new WRX on a dirt track, and your told to push it, and if your not pushing hard enough they make you push it, if your not sideways enough, they rip up the handbrake and make you sideways.. aww its the best fun ive had in a car.. its worth the trip up to QLD just for that!!
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2006, 07:51 PM   #10
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ1
Good morning everyone,

I've joined up here in the hope that someone may be able to help me with the following request! My boyfriends birthday is coming up and I'd love to give him a gift of a rally driving experience/course, however all the ones on 'gift' sites such as www.freemanx.com.au and www.adrenalin.com.au are quite 'tame'...he's a very competent driver and has done some defensive driving training so I think he'd be bored with anyone that was too low level or basic...does anyone know of a company or place that offers rally driving courses that are more unrestricted and would better suit a really competent driver rather than a watered down one day 'experience'?....any help would be much appreciated!!

Theres a pretty wild one out Dural way.. cant think of the name, i'll get back to you on it..
But you get a choice between a WRX, a EVO, and a V8 commi.. your trained and stuff, its fairly expensive from memory..
Old 23-02-2006, 07:53 PM   #11
Simmo
White Lightning

damn i never thought it would be that good. sounds like top shelf mate.
Old 23-02-2006, 08:01 PM   #12
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
damn i never thought it would be that good. sounds like top shelf mate.
Dude if i lived there I would be working there! id be an instructor! lol
or atleast be going there once a month..
It really is the best course ive done for rally, ive done a couple of rally courses now, and nothing compares to that one..

They come and pick you up IN the rally car!
they picked me and my father up from the hotel, had to get strapped in and everything lol was so awsome.. the look on peoples faces was to die for, and then having a turn of pushing the car around a track is was incredible..
speeds dont really reach over 110km/h, dosent sound like much, but sliding sideways on a skinny dirt road at that speed?? believe me it gets the adrenillen flowing..
Last i heard they had a full proper 500hp rally car(the ones I drove were virtually stock wrxs, with roll bars and stickers), and a new track, and some of which is tar aswell.. not sure though, so im itching to get back up there..
Old 23-02-2006, 08:04 PM   #13
Simmo
White Lightning

now i wanna go.