Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-02-2006, 12:24 AM   #1
xd5.8l
Banned

Default t2te50 vs r32 rb20

My brothers best mate came around last night to show off his wicked 2.0l r32 running 15 psi boost.
Black, dumped on its balls, four spote on the front, big cooler, **** valve and 3 inch exhaust all the way through with the complementry fart cannon.
Anyway ' YO BROW, HOW ABOUT A CRUISE'. We all know what that means. :newangel:

We gave it a squirt off a few sets of lights and it was as if the thing was standing still. Even suprised me for most rb25 will give most cars a drubbing so why shouldn't a rb20 be competitive? It was thought it was driver skill to blame so he passed over the reigns to his mate who was a 'little' more ruthless. They went passed as a few times and I saw flames lighting up the rear of the car (must have been bouncing off limiter).

Anyhow at the next set of lights I hear a tell tale knocking noise coming from the engine as if someones hitting it with a hammer. Get back home find that the engine has about 1 bar oil pressure at idle and no power. I've got an engine coming monday, fingers crossed it goes in as easily as it came out.

Moral: Don't buy ex japanese drift cars at bargain base prices. They were boasting about how it would brake traction in third as it hit boost. I found that both back wheel bearings are about to part company with their hubs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xd5.8l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 12:34 AM   #2
EvilChief
Boost Addict

luvly

but yer a well tuned rb20 with about 20 pounds is fun to drive ..
LN65 Hilux Turbo - sold
EL31 Corolla Turbo - sold
Ford AU Ute Turbo - sold
Ford AU XR8 Sedan - 5.4l V8 Turbo (in the build)
Ford BA XR6T Ute - daily driver
Ford FG XR6T Sedan - cruiser

do you see a general trend? I DO

Can't live with it, can't live without it!
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 12:35 AM   #3
Jet-Star

Hahaha, Thats why you don't buy japanese in general.
Jet-Star is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 02:46 AM   #4
1TUFFUTE
Banned

poor little bugger,,,15psi is enough to blow anyones ring :hihi:
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 10:04 AM   #5
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

One of the guys at work had an r32 GTR imported a couple of months ago, and since then it's spent more time back in the workshop than with him.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 11:24 AM   #6
nb_351
building the xe...

they are a nice car to drive though arent they... it of lag, but thats to be expected with a single turbo with 15 odd pound...
nb_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 11:38 AM   #7
Steffo
LPG > You

Problem with these cars is that in Japan, they're old and cheap like buying an EA Falcon or VN Commodore. They get thrashed to pieces, then sold to some moron here who'll buy them for $30k+.

My uncle had an 11 sec R33 GTS25t which he imported smashed from Japan and fixed up. And that car had alot of money into it. And it spent more time being fixed then being driven.

Later he did a 1978 911 Turbo 3.3 to look like a 1995 993 on the outside and inside, with a 1992 911 Turbo 3.3 engine that would have been good for a high 10 sec pass (10.9 etc). That thing was faultless. It always started first time, no problems.

Oh BTW... Skyline went buh-byes when it threw a rod. Shot up through the bonnet. Put a stock RB25DET back into it, new bonnet... and sold it for $22k. Got pics of the R33 and the 911 Turbo if anyone wants them.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 01:35 PM   #8
sven

LOL about the skyline. i'd never buy jap but back on the topic, my mates bro has a R32 GTR and that thing is a bullet. he doesn't drag cars anymore because they can't keep up! he only drags motor bikes and still wins.he's put a bit of work into it but has never had any problems. Respect for that car.
Old 26-02-2006, 01:49 PM   #9
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I guess it's true what everyone say's here. I'll always have respect for the r32's but being that old, there's always the chance that it's been thrashed both in Japan and back here.

Respect to the skylines (:
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 01:54 PM   #10
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gotta respect R32s but they are starting to get up in age now and like VLs,EAs,VNs etc theres bound to be alot of thrashed ones around.

That being said I saw a a R32 GTR yesterday and it was the toughest sounding jap 6 ive ever heard, puts my VL note to shame thats for sure lol.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post