Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 16-08-2017, 09:18 PM   #1
stock1991
Limited supply

Default Re: First experience .. Vic law regarding passing emergency vehicle

the speed in sa is 25, wouldn't be so bad if it was just ambulance but a cop pulling someone over creates a hazard
5 users like this post:
Old 16-08-2017, 10:56 PM   #2
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock1991 View Post
the speed in sa is 25, wouldn't be so bad if it was just ambulance but a cop pulling someone over creates a hazard
That's a joke. I thought 40 was bad but 25 is stupidity as a blanket rule.
I was riding my mountain bike today I noticed I was doing 25 on the flat without actually putting in any effort.

I find a lot of people tend to slow to a reasonable speed when the conditions require people to slow past emergancy vehicles, but as always the few idiots that pass 4 metres pass a crash scene at 100km/h are the ones who ruin it for everyone.
3 users like this post:
Old 16-11-2017, 03:28 PM   #3
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Digging this old chestnut up again for an update.
On the Hume over the past few weeks I've noticed several times the HWP and (Vic roads) pulling trucks over and parking in front of them (lights on) now. Seems standard practice to change to the outside lane and pass with no one slowing down.

Old 17-11-2017, 08:18 AM   #4
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Digging this old chestnut up again for an update.
On the Hume over the past few weeks I've noticed several times the HWP and (Vic roads) pulling trucks over and parking in front of them (lights on) now. Seems standard practice to change to the outside lane and pass with no one slowing down.
Yep .. I noticed that too a couple of days ago. Police car with lights on had car pulled up .. I started to slow down (as I eventually realised I was meant to) and everyone drove around me without slowing down. I think it's a forgotten rule already ..
This user likes this post:
Old 18-11-2017, 04:49 PM   #5
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Not so much the slowing down I was getting at but the fact they were parking in front of trucks only (looks like they want to remain invisible and not freak drivers out) cars I haven't seen any being pulled over lately.
The Hume (NE Vic) you wouldn't expect to many slowing down cause a lot are from interstate.

This user likes this post:
Old 18-11-2017, 06:18 PM   #6
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
The Hume (NE Vic) you wouldn't expect to many slowing down cause a lot are from interstate.
SA had it first, and here you have to slow to 25, not 40. but then most things are a bit slower here

it will eventually be implemented nationwide, as the idea behind it is sound, but i can't see anyone actually getting pinged for it. i doubt they would have the resources to despatch someone to the scene ready to ping people every time an emergency services vehicle pulls over and puts the lights on.
Old 20-11-2017, 08:13 AM   #7
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
SA had it first, and here you have to slow to 25, not 40. but then most things are a bit slower here

it will eventually be implemented nationwide, as the idea behind it is sound, but i can't see anyone actually getting pinged for it. i doubt they would have the resources to despatch someone to the scene ready to ping people every time an emergency services vehicle pulls over and puts the lights on.
Eventually .. maybe. Can see in-car radar/camera in police cars in the near future. If lights operating, and car stationary, radar/camera go to work ..
Closed Thread