Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 16-03-2006, 01:05 PM   #1
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Default WP Stereo mods

G'day folks,

I'm just curious as to what solutions you have all seen or implemented when it comes to that god-forsaken factory stereo. Mine's bog stock but I really want a solution that's a bit more dynamic in the sound quality and something that doesn't skip. So if you have any suggestions on what can be done that would be great.

Old 16-03-2006, 02:53 PM   #2
Danny
GT4.

You can get Line level converters from Aerpro (www.aerpro.com) which connect to the speaker wire and convert them into white and red outputs for an amp. this means you can run an amp, speakers, and sub off the stock headdie. Its what I'm doing as I prefer it looking stock for resale etc.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 03:14 PM   #3
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Im currently running 6inch fronts , 6X9's in the rear quarters, two 12inch subs and a crap amp from the stock HU without line converters, and havent had any problems only the Fade option is no longer available, but its all good.

Only other thing ive noticed the the rear quarters and boot are not heavly padded for sound dampening which is a problem when running 2 subs that rattle the crap outta the car.
Old 16-03-2006, 10:31 PM   #4
joshf2
striped

depends on how much you want to spend on the car

if you want to spend under a grand, then your best bet would be to just replace the speakers, and not bother with amps or subs

if you have up to 3k to spend, then get line level converters, and some amps and a sub to go with the speakers

if you have more than 3k, then get the deck taken out, and go nuts as if it were any other car.

the factory head unit isnt exactly a bad one, it doesnt do mp3, but then again, if you are looking for SQ then mp3 isnt your friend.
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 11:40 AM   #5
chown
_ObLiViOuS_

i did my whole set up myself and it only costed about 800. 4 channel 1000 watt amp, pioneer 6 inch splits in the front, kenwood 6x9's in the rear and one 12 inch pioneer sub. goes fully sick:P

RED FEZ>> http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b282/_ChOwN_/6047c746.jpg
chown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 11:41 AM   #6
chown
_ObLiViOuS_

PS:all of the standard deck

RED FEZ>> http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b282/_ChOwN_/6047c746.jpg
chown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 01:16 PM   #7
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got my deck replaced when I got the sound done it was abit of a mission but I like how it looks in the end.

If your gonna replace your front speakers be sure the deaden the crap outa the door, they vibrate like crazy and ive had to filter out all bass coming from the front :(. The back is alright with the 6x9 in a strengthened parcel shelf (At first it was vibrating too much but after playing around with the equilizer ive got it sounding great, basically like a sub was there).

Just remember to sound deaden the areas you are installing the speakers. I didn't and its my biggest regret about the sound system. Mine sounds great without a sub its just it took ages to setup to sound nice.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post