Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 24-04-2018, 07:22 PM   #1
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Will the Holden brand survive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
Same as usual is pretty accurate I think . Given that they plan on selling 9,000 in Australia this year our dribbley mob should be demanding at least a Performance Pack or two in among the GT's even if the 350 is out of the question. Otherwise the RHD converted HSV built Camaro is going to eat into the great start the Mustangs have made .

Especially now that Supercars is going to be the Ford product from 2019 onwards a special Mustang offered for sale would make great sense surely .

It bugs me somewhat that so far the Mustang GT is only good for 306 KW other than the Tickford enhanced ones and the outgoing Falcon XR8 Sprint was good for nearly 40 more kilowatts (345) without overboost and the XR6 was about 20 KW more without overboost .

C'mon Aussie Ford boffins and make a racket to get a few extra fast Mustangs to celebrate before it's too late like everything else you do .
The Mustang GT is significantly lighter than a V8 Falcon though. Having both a 335 XR8 and a Mustang GT, I can say that there isn't really that much difference in how fast they are. How they go about their speed though is very different..............
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
3 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2018, 09:08 PM   #2
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Will the Holden brand survive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
The Mustang GT is significantly lighter than a V8 Falcon though. Having both a 335 XR8 and a Mustang GT, I can say that there isn't really that much difference in how fast they are. How they go about their speed though is very different..............
Fair enough , You have two beautiful reasons in your garage to know all about that . I still think that as Australia has responded in such a positive way to the Mustang , actually significantly surprised most for the demand according to what I've seen , there should be a bit of a reward with some special ponies over time . Even if it's just a bigger options opportunity as time goes on .
This user likes this post:
Closed Thread