Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-05-2018, 07:52 PM   #6
383hq
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2013-14 mondeo wagon: what to look out for?

Traded out of an MC zetec tdci after 194,000 km

Had a parking bulb blow once. Very underrated car.
I'd buy again.

Headlights were typical Euro - not as good as an aussie car. One of the first things I did was to put higher intensity bulbs in the high beams for country driving.

Preferred the zetec for iphone integration (It's better then the falcon fg of type) and auto wiper.

Watch outs - can't use normal engine oil , needs a more expensive low ash oil or you'll have dpf issues at some stage.

Someone else has spoken of the gearbox - money i saved on fuel (Usually saw 1000-1200 km/tank of diesel) went on gearbox oil every 60,000 km. With fuel prices where they are, that's no longer the case, and money saved today will even pay for the timing belt replacement.

What else ? Wiper blades were expensive ($100/side), but aftermarket are available now. Towing is limited compared to aussie cars.

Only sold it because I started to get nervous about the cost of replacement diesel components (injectors, pumps, turbos) All of which are priced in the thousands, not in the hundreds. I couldn't find any examples of 300,000 km units where history was known to allay my fears otherwise I would have kept it.
383hq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: