Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 22-03-2006, 08:32 PM   #1
crispymk2

Smile New Fiesta Owner (Hopefully!)

Hi all,
I've just discovered these great cars recently while looking for cheaper transport for my girlfriend and also for me to run around in rather than fire up my 36 year old worked cortina.

I'm awaiting finance approval on a december 04 Zetec Fiesta (WQ i think) in moondust silver with ruby interior. Also has 18inch rims, contisport cup tires, and only 6170kms on the clock as it was a demo for ford in Melbourne.

I have a few questions regarding other peoples experience with these cars like how does the plastic intake perform, how low can i go with 18's and what exhaust options have people tried.

My plans for the car are to lower it a bit more, maybe get a body kit (i don't like the lack of a cut out for the exhaust tip) and to beef up the stereo with some decent components + amp + small sub. Then I wouldn't mind trying to get a bit more power out of it as budget (and girlfriend) permits

Cheers, and heres hoping i get approved!

Old 22-03-2006, 09:07 PM   #2
Danny
GT4.

I hope you get approved! It means more Fiesta's for Victoria!

My car I have done everything that you are enquiring about. I have the K&N pod setup (more direct than the stock air filter), 16" ROH strada wheels, 2.25" exhaust, and lowering (click the link in my sig to see it). It should take fine to all that stuff. and will look great!

I think I know the Fez youre talking about anyways. Is it in Ringwood by any chance?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 09:32 PM   #3
crispymk2

No, sorry... I'm based in Perth, WA. The car was used as a demo in Melbourne but shipped over to a local Ford dealer over here.
Old 24-03-2006, 02:13 PM   #4
crispymk2

Talking

Finance was approved yesterday morning and RAC issued the check in the arvo.
Picked up the car 4pm yesterday!

Drives great and can tell already that it sticks to the road, even in the wet!

Found out all the final details, it actually came from Sydney Ford, it's a WP dec 2004, the rims are 16's not 18's (dunno what i was on? the car was on ramps and looked huge cause the rims were face hight and the "16" sidewall looked like an "18"), only has 6710kms on the clock and looks brand new.

Looking foward to modding it and hopefully see some other modded ones aroung the place.

Old 24-03-2006, 02:38 PM   #5
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Nice work ИИИ. I'm itching to get my hands on mine.
kiwijohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post