Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2020, 04:23 PM   #1
PhilT2

Default Re: Covid 19 -

[QUOTE=russellw;6476455]Of the 273 deaths in Australia, 123 (45%) of them have been in aged care facilities and 29 (11%) came from cruise ships./QUOTE]

Very little difference between some cruises and age care facilities as far as age of participants is concerned.
3 users like this post:
Old 09-08-2020, 04:47 PM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

[QUOTE=PhilT2;6476501]
Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Of the 273 deaths in Australia, 123 (45%) of them have been in aged care facilities and 29 (11%) came from cruise ships./QUOTE]

Very little difference between some cruises and age care facilities as far as age of participants is concerned.
I've been on a couple of 2 week cruises and both times it was me, 4 other people the same age as me and 2200 60/70+ age groups.

The last one I went on I met an old lady who claimed her deceased husband was a scientist who worked with the USA on the atomic bomb project during WWII.

I don't mind it though, it's not a bad way of travelling.
Old 09-08-2020, 04:56 PM   #3
roKWiz
Cabover nut

[QUOTE=Franco Cozzo;6476513]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post

I've been on a couple of 2 week cruises and both times it was me, 4 other people the same age as me and 2200 60/70+ age groups.

The last one I went on I met an old lady who claimed her deceased husband was a scientist who worked with the USA on the atomic bomb project during WWII.

I don't mind it though, it's not a bad way of travelling.
You should try Holland America Line, full of rich Americans in the 80s + range.
But must admit I liked the no kids policy.

This user likes this post:
Old 09-08-2020, 07:03 PM   #4
gooseneck
Banned

I've already lost lung capacity as a result of smoking several years ago I quit though so if I get COVID-19 I'll probably either die or need an oxygen concentrator. yes/no?

Same goes for my brother. Would like to know for sure if the damage is permanent or temporary, ie if the lungs can fix the damage.
Old 09-08-2020, 07:33 PM   #5
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseneck View Post
I've already lost lung capacity as a result ....
That's what makes the actions of the (statistically) younger community stupid, they are more likely hurting people likely not themselves.

The 6 week lockdown seems unlikely with the ignorant minority whinging about staying at home, masks etc. not to mention 'sovereign citizens' that don't understand containment (and taking it personally).
Many Asian countries historically wear masks out of respect for others, acknowledged that we are in new territory.

My Dad is in the same risk category having pneumonia twice in the past, stay safe !
Old 10-08-2020, 10:14 PM   #6
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseneck View Post
I've already lost lung capacity as a result of smoking several years ago I quit though so if I get COVID-19 I'll probably either die or need an oxygen concentrator. yes/no?

Same goes for my brother. Would like to know for sure if the damage is permanent or temporary, ie if the lungs can fix the damage.

Ma-a-a-ate, it's not how long ago you stopped smoking, it's how long you smoked for.
If you smoked for more than 25 years, mate then you are stuffed.
(link?-that's based on the number of funerals I have been to in the last 10 years)

Your lungs will never recover from smoking related damage no matter how many you smoked, lungs don't regenerate.
If you get Covid then you are most likely a dead duck.

I give you an answer of YES
Old 11-08-2020, 07:12 AM   #7
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Angry Re: Covid 19 -

https://www.news.com.au/sport/ufc/co...a7198da525f073

Quote:
Former Australian UFC fighter Vik Grujic has launched another attack on Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews over the state’s new coronavirus advertising campaign.

Grujic’s latest tweet comes after a series of bizarre Instagram posts where he also claims the coronavirus is a hoax and stage four lockdowns in Melbourne are simply a case of government propaganda. He has deleted a post in which he said “evil thrives” in Melbourne and retweeted a petition to end Victoria’s lockdown.
Our friend Vik Grujic has gone national again
Old 11-08-2020, 07:42 AM   #8
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
https://www.news.com.au/sport/ufc/co...a7198da525f073

Our friend Vik Grujic has gone national again
What a Muppet, a no-one deadbeat who makes a living somehow in a "sport" that should never have been glorified...I am sure his bogan minions are lapping it up.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane

Last edited by Polyal; 11-08-2020 at 07:53 AM.
Closed Thread