Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-09-2020, 07:55 AM   #2431
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: What made you feel good today?

I’ve watched it suck people in, and drag them down. That’s one reason to despise it. To wilfully, knowingly facilitate addiction and disarray is contemptible or possibly culpable.

The other is refusal to give people - even on a paid basis - absolute ultimate control over their data. You can’t pay to have your account closed, all the harvested information sent to you in a set of files and the server data deleted except for legally mandated retention over the minimum period required. The EU recognised the “right to be forgotten” as a privilege of people in its member countries - one reason why weasel companies like Faceache will never be domiciled there.

Edit[/RANT]
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-09-2020, 09:40 AM   #2432
X-AHH
The good, bad and fugly
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
what makes me feel good I've never had an account
I really wish that I was in the same boat as you financially but unfortunately, if your business grows to the extent that your savings can no longer pay for materials etc as you go from one job to another or you take on much larger projects, it's inevitable. My accountant once got quite angry with me because I was paying for everything along the way with my own money. He said that having an account and paying it off when required was basically an interest freel loan.

One the other side of the coin, you need to have a good credit rating to get an account but you need to have accounts and pay them on time to get a good credit rating.
Old 15-09-2020, 09:50 AM   #2433
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
flick it forever mate.....

Never signed up.
Wife did, and there is a clear pre- and post-FB time in our household.
Hate the bloody thing.
And with so many friends on it, I find that any story or event I go to share when I see them, they already know about it, or they have already seen the pics. I don't bother anymore. You're all so in the loop, no need for me to add anything.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 15-09-2020, 09:55 AM   #2434
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

xahh mate, I think he just means a Facebook account - not a trading account.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-09-2020, 12:05 PM   #2435
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Thumbs up Re: What made you feel good today?

Won't lie im gonna miss all the comadre on the truck model pages and i wouldn't have my current ride if it wasn't for Marketplace.

Facebook has become so invasive though, every website seemed to be linked somehow to it ??

Landed a NEW job this morning, i head off next monday on another coal mine tour of duty
I really wanted to take the rest of the year off

But i have lost 8kg since the end of July so just maybe i have my diet/fitness regime together finally

Peace out.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 15-09-2020, 12:28 PM   #2436
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Found something I last saw in 1977. The Uncle Smiley show! It used to be a big deal when they got the projector out to show these American films to Mrs Illingworth's grade 2 students.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2020, 01:13 PM   #2437
X-AHH
The good, bad and fugly
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
xahh mate, I think he just means a Facebook account - not a trading account.
I realised that, thanks mate.

The word "account" just triggered another brain tangent so I went with it. The word "financially" was intended to separate the two subjects but it might have been a little too ambiguous.
Old 15-09-2020, 05:55 PM   #2438
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahh View Post
I realised that, thanks mate.

The word "account" just triggered another brain tangent so I went with it. The word "financially" was intended to separate the two subjects but it might have been a little too ambiguous.
Thanks CB, you got it and no worries xahh, your allowed to read it anyway you like without going for me
I kind of thought, damn wish I was that well off as well

re the FB, yep I've lived without it forever and how many times friends etc keep saying its so good, its because of family miles away blahblah - I can call those people easily of my pref is whatsapp or facetime.
My wife has it but use's it very occasionally.
WTF do I want to see every picture or comment someone makes every single bloody hour and day.
There's always a great excuse why its so good, I see so much bad more than anything else.
My youngest is 15yrs daughter, were bad nasty parents for what I've seen on insta accounts and FB is a bloody beyond a joke, bad cancer is all I see, depression coming for so many of this young gen and whatever next fancy word that will come up in the future.
You want to feel good, keep away or massively reduce your time on social media.
Live without it, its so good, I run my life, my mobile, not the other way
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 15-09-2020, 08:37 PM   #2439
X-AHH
The good, bad and fugly
Donating Member2

Quote:
Thanks CB, you got it and no worries xahh, your allowed to read it anyway you like without going for me
I kind of thought, damn wish I was that well off as well

re the FB, yep I've lived without it forever and how many times friends etc keep saying its so good, its because of family miles away blahblah - I can call those people easily of my pref is whatsapp or facetime.
My wife has it but use's it very occasionally.
WTF do I want to see every picture or comment someone makes every single bloody hour and day.
There's always a great excuse why its so good, I see so much bad more than anything else.
My youngest is 15yrs daughter, were bad nasty parents for what I've seen on insta accounts and FB is a bloody beyond a joke, bad cancer is all I see, depression coming for so many of this young gen and whatever next fancy word that will come up in the future.
You want to feel good, keep away or massively reduce your time on social media.
Live without it, its so good, I run my life, my mobile, not the other way
Couldn't have said it better myself
Old 15-09-2020, 09:19 PM   #2440
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

I finally got my Provent 200 Oil/Air Seperator

Old 15-09-2020, 09:21 PM   #2441
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Ahh rightio i can now post pic's and they are HUGE ?
Old 16-09-2020, 06:54 AM   #2442
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys View Post
I finally got my Provent 200 Oil/Air Seperator

Use the big Provents on my smaller trucks.

Keep the filter clean or change it out regularly.
If you start seeing lower engine gasket oil leaks check the Provent for the clogged filter.
Combustion pressure builds so easily if you let the filter clog, blowing oil seals, sometime the relief valve doesn't work either.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2020, 04:30 PM   #2443
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Yerrr it came with 1m of drain hose so very easy to know when to drain it...

I will be doing 5k drain and filter intervals with the Liquimoly flush before and stabiliser after and only 5w30 Full synthetic oil's.

Far as myself and my Benz mechanic Ash can make out, all the flappers and attachments are still in good nick, egr has already been cleaned and no sign of the oil cooler seals failing YET (they may have been done - the Takata airbag has been swapped )

I just bought upper control arms for $170 pair with all New bushes and Balljoint's !!

Won't tell ya what Pedders qouted LOL just to do the rubber bushes, but it's a 10min job each side and owning this rig is going to be way cheaper than if i had kept my Falcon because i am not scared to give anything and everything a go anymore.

I already know about the gasket/seals leaking as i had to replace them all last week... after fitting a restrictor in the pcv hose to try and limit the oil going into the turbo !!

Live and Learn
Old 17-09-2020, 01:03 AM   #2444
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Pulled down the workshop roller door dead on midnight. Drove the wee Pug home with its new clutch and overhauled rack. 360K on the motor in 30 years, when it hits 400 I’ll give it a freshen-up.

As I walked in the door, a friend’s email came through, had I finished with that piece of Frogsnot yet? I forgot to tell them it nearly put me in Casualty tonight when I clocked myself on the hoist leg end.

Just grazed on garlic bread, pasta and stone-cold coffee out the fridge. It’s been a long day, but a good one!
6 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2020, 02:49 PM   #2445
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Backed up yesterday’s high-water mark with a replacement of the AU’s oil pressure switch. This effectively removes the perpetual oil change issue where it’s never in there long enough to get stale. I hate oil leaks, so this was a definite “feel good” job.
3 users like this post:
Old 18-09-2020, 06:34 AM   #2446
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

turning the work computer off at my actual finish time and heading to the pub for a few quiet drinks with friends.. before the southerly blew through and dropped the temps
Old 18-09-2020, 02:19 PM   #2447
.:4:.
Kicking back

Dunno why, so i asked why. I still frequently get calls from guys from my last job. I left on good terms so im happy to still help out. Today i got a stressed out call from my old manager. He is a good mate of mine, he usually calls me from time to time just on the social. But today he was stressing because he is getting drilled for answers about generator controls from the new management of a building the company had worked in for longer then i had worked there. So i asked if he had asked the other boys? His response was almost comical. He said no, i give straight up answers, with technical crap like that the other boys just ask questions.
When we talk socially, i now get told a heap of stuff about management that i wasnt privy to hear when i worked there. So even if they offered me more money, i probably wouldnt take it. The more i hear the more its like watching titanic. Yep, sounds like it could be a sinking ship.
Although yesterday was funny too. Had one of my old workmates call asking about a system he is not versed in. So i talked him through it. He asks me how i always have the answers. But then he asks if what he hears is true? I said yep, dont work there anymore. He got upset, well, in the man way of getting angry but saying nice things. But this guy is alright in the sense that he doesnt call me straight off the bat asking how to do his job, he calls me after he has spent half an hour looking for stuff that turns out to be in obscure locations. Example being one building, one of the ground floor coffee shops has its switchboard located in the bike rack room in the basement, yet its supply and meter are up on level 3. Stuff like that. If you know its a 5 minute job. If you dont know it could take hours to work it out. So proper obscure stuff.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-09-2020, 02:56 PM   #2448
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Fitted some fake $25 Carbon Fibre looking Brembo Caliper covers to a neighbours XF Jaguar today.

She is a Hawt looking little thing and the bright sunny weather today ensued she was dressed appropriately for the occasion.

And i'm sure the other neighbours are talking about us now LOL.

Lucky for me her Hercules sized boyfriend only came over to drop some beers off and to say thank's
My wifey sure didn't seem amused that she spent 3hr's in the garage with me helping out, i wonder what brand of dogfood i'm gonna get served up for tea
3 users like this post:
Old 18-09-2020, 03:12 PM   #2449
Kicking back

Quote:
Fitted some fake $25 Carbon Fibre looking Brembo Caliper covers to a neighbours XF Jaguar today.

She is a Hawt looking little thing and the bright sunny weather today ensued she was dressed appropriately for the occasion.

And i'm sure the other neighbours are talking about us now LOL.

Lucky for me her Hercules sized boyfriend only came over to drop some beers off and to say thank's
My wifey sure didn't seem amused that she spent 3hr's in the garage with me helping out, i wonder what brand of dogfood i'm gonna get served up for tea
Thats gold, you realise you arent getting cuddles tonight?
It reminds me of years ago just after i got married. The hot single bird next door was friends with my then wife and texted her asking if i could unclog a drain. My wife said yeah, so i went over with some tools etc. You have never seen such a cold look from the mrs when my neighbor opened her door wearing the skimpiest summer dress ever. Under the sink asking for things to be handed to me, yep, bend at the waist, see what she had for breakfast..... As much as i didnt mind, i got the treatment for about a week from my mrs....
This user likes this post:
Old 18-09-2020, 04:33 PM   #2450
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

My phone say's it can't read my sim card ???

I will throw a few pic's up later pffft, but none of her
Old 18-09-2020, 05:21 PM   #2451
Kicking back

Quote:
My phone say's it can't read my sim card ???

I will throw a few pic's up later pffft, but none of her
You'd still do it if your neighbor wasnt somewhat good looking? Its just what you do. Women dont see it like that.
Old 18-09-2020, 06:19 PM   #2452
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've got some really nice green shoots coming through after putting some work into the lawn by aerating and putting weed and feed down. Hopefully rain coming this week gets it going more.

Just wish I dethatched it first but good results still.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2020, 10:13 PM   #2453
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

After 18 months of renting and about 6 months of seriously looking around for a house to buy, I finally bought a house today!

This will allow me to put down some roots for the next 5 years or so until my daughter heads off to uni or gets herself a job, then I can reevaluate what I want to do with my life.

I'm thinking a Ford Ranger Raptor and caravan like the Kelly's did for their trip up to Darwin a couple of months back would be ideal. Travel around oz at my own pace, stay wherever I want for however long I want and find a place that I can retire to to see out my days. I don't need anything fancy and I don't need a lot of money. I'm sure someone with my skills could pick up work pretty easily to keep the stash topped up.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2020, 02:42 AM   #2454
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It has slipped under the radar a bit but it has been 20 years since Sydney hosted the Olympics.

Such an amazing event when all Aussies came together. And for me has not been beat since. Still the best Olympics ever.

Last edited by MITCHAY; 19-09-2020 at 02:48 AM.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-09-2020, 08:47 AM   #2455
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

The 2020 Le Mans starts tonight. Although it will be an easy win again for Toyota with minimal opposition in LMP1

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
Old 19-09-2020, 09:22 AM   #2456
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

Talking Re: What made you feel good today?

This beast.....

Just bought it, not even advertised, 06 BF XR6 Turbo Magnet Ute, how rare are these things.
ThaFlash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2020, 05:59 PM   #2457
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaFlash View Post
This beast.....

Just bought it, not even advertised, 06 BF XR6 Turbo Magnet Ute, how rare are these things.
Nice one!

I have been wanting to find a tidy XR6 Turbo ute for a while now, the cards just haven't lined up so far.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2020, 06:40 PM   #2458
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

was a fluke, went to my panel beater and he goes if you know anyone looking for a ute they can have this for x amount dollars, went to the bank, asked the chef, nek minute....

keep looking and good luck pal!
ThaFlash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2020, 08:05 PM   #2459
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

My father was diagnosed mid last year with bladder cancer. Today is his birthday which thankfully we got to celebrate with him. Hopefully his good run continues.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
Old 20-09-2020, 05:14 PM   #2460
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my dog wanted to wrestle and play today for the first time in weeks - she injured her leg two weeks ago and had surgery later that week.