Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-11-2020, 08:46 AM   #1
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Got flicked some melatonin tablets to try, either I had an extra good night out (Konfetka’s birthday, her super-glamorous daughter came too and we ate ourselves stupid at a Thai restaurant) or they do work. Haven’t slept that soundly for months.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2020, 08:53 AM   #2
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Got flicked some melatonin tablets to try, either I had an extra good night out (Konfetka’s birthday, her super-glamorous daughter came too and we ate ourselves stupid at a Thai restaurant) or they do work. Haven’t slept that soundly for months.
Ginger in the Thai food probably didn't hurt.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-11-2020, 09:25 AM   #3
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Not today, but I'm still feeling good.

Went for a walk with my daughter on Friday and told her that I'm very proud of how well she has coped with the last few weeks and that she should be proud of herself too.

In the last few weeks she has dealt with:
  • a fallout with her mum. My daughter normally spends one week with me and the next week with her mum. We all got together and had a bit of a chat about what was going on and what we'd do to sort it out. We all agreed that a bit of a break would help, so my daughter spent two weeks with me
  • a mystery illness which sees her suffering stomach pain, nausea any time she eats, dizziness and fatigue. One of the tests revealed that she ether has had, or still has, Ross River Virus, which could explain the fatigue. I've had her up to A&E and she;s seen various doctors, but with little result so far. We've seen the paediatrician who has given us some hope, but there's little we an do to manage the pain until we find the cause
  • her first lot of exams. She's in Year 9 but to prepare them for exams next year, they do exams this year: maths and english. She studied like crazy, even through her illness and, whilst she doesn't think she did as well as she could, but still thinks she did ok
  • getting her first job (at a fast food restaurant, but not the golden arches) and her first two shifts were last week. Of course, she feels like she was thrown in the deep end, but she survived and enjoyed it
  • her guinea pig mum giving birth to 5 babies, and having to hand rear the runt which was only about half the size of her siblings. This meant getting up every three to four hours during the night to hand feed. Unfortunately, the little one died a few days later.
  • making an effort to make up with her mum. She has put the effort in to reconciling her relationship with her mum, and, thankfully, their relationship appears to be on the mend.

So, she's had a lot thrown at her over the last couple of weeks, and she's done a brilliant job of coping through that time. As I opened with, she has a Dad that is very proud of her efforts. But even more importantly, she should be proud of herself.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post