Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-09-2023, 03:07 AM   #1
Jon1796
Starter Motor

Default Re: Forscan FORscan Licenses and Support Suspended Due to Russian Ukrainan War

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
If only I could CB. Besides, they're not taking any payments until well after all of this is over. Speaking of which.. it would certainly suit Savin to protest, given he is now effectively unemployed, or only earning worthless Roubles. Good on him if he is, for that reason OR because it's what I think would be the right thing to do.

But, until the majority of the country is hurting badly, the leader (there are better words for what he is) is not going to feel the hurt. And every little thing done helps, I reckon. I've cleaned up the hack today. It's not a precise science though, there are different levels of "what a PC is" and I dumbed this down - since the laptop with my license doesn't have all the disk driver API functions my other PCs have...

This means, all PCs would show the unique machine ID that my laptop has, but many PCs will end up with a different ID to what they would normally have (since I bypassed the sophisticated APIs, with the error code my laptop produces). This just means if your current license is from a sophisticated ID you will need to apply for another "free 2 month" one. My hack time-locks it, and bypasses the "version release date after license expiry" check. Not that I think there's going to be anything new soon, but your license may be old and you can run my program with the clock set way back when..

Attached .txt file is a .zip (rename it). Run the program on the machine with an active license and it'll create a .cfg file. Run the program again, and it's time-locked on the machine when it spawns the real program - and my two files can be moved to another machine (install the same license file on that one) where it'll look like the first machine.

Maybe someone can "obtain" a bogus 2 month license to post up, along with their .cfg - I would post mine, but, you know, it's got my real name in it.
new to this could someone explian how to do this as not very good with tec...
Jon1796 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post