Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 27-02-2022, 05:21 PM   #1
Mybluexd

Default Search Not Working

I have an 1979 XD sedan with a fuel gauge that works sometimes and not other times. I believe that this was a common problem with this model. I have tried searching this forum for any information on XD fuel gauge issues and repeatedly come up with no result even after changing the wording multiple times. Either I'm doing something wrong or there is in actual fact no one has ever posted anything before.
Mybluexd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2022, 09:26 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Search Not Working

Try restricting the search to the Post Classic section and leave out XD.

I did a quick search and found a few threads:

XD Falcon Fuel Sender
need some info on xd and xw fuel senders
What faults to look for in a XD. Thinking of buying.
XE Falcon fuel gauge
xf fuel gauge not working
XD instrument cluster playing up
XD fuel gauge working half way

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-02-2022, 01:05 PM   #3
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

My links here may also help https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11490431
Old 29-06-2024, 10:03 AM   #4
AlCan
Starter Motor

Hi guys,

Still very much a noob...

I know this is an old thread but I have the same kind of problem.

I'm trying to find posts that refer to BA7 models, and just used BA7 as the search term. I get:

"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

BA7 refers to a Mondeo model, so I tried just searching the Mondeo sub-forum, still nothing. This is strange, because one of my own posts has BA7 in it, and it doesn't find that either. I don't know what to search on if I leave out BA7, but is that the problem? It it too short, but it's not telling me?

I read russellw's post here, but don't understand what the 'Post Classic section' is/means, sorry.

I tried a few other searches and got some weird results. For example, since MC is a very common Mondeo term, I tried that and got:

"1. Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : MC "

So I tried DMF - another common term, and again got

"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

I'm very confused!

Can anyone set me straight, please?
AlCan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2024, 11:18 AM   #5
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

3 letter search terms are too short as the minimum requirement is 4 characters - I can specifically include some so I already have a long list of Falcon model codes plus a few others. I'm not going to add BA7 as we never referred to them as that here but I will add the Mondeo model codes and DMF. IN your case restrict your search to the Mondeo forums unless you want dual mass flywheels for other models.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2024, 12:03 PM   #6
AlCan
Starter Motor

Aha!

Many thanks russellw. That makes perfect sense. That's why I got a different result on MC.

Yes, I have no idea why there's apparently a BA7 code here in kiwiland. It doesn't fit in with the others at all. I only got the code from our NZTA [NZ Transport Agency] - now being known as "Waka Kotahi" - (Motor Vehicle Registration details). FWIW, waka (originally) means canoe, and Google tells me kotahi means once, so go figure. As our (part) Maori Deputy PM says, it's nonsense, and you can't put a canoe on the road and tried to get rid of these silly names, but they're still using them. Higher Powers, I guess.

Thanks again for your help on this.

Last edited by AlCan; 29-06-2024 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Firefox para's - to sort.
AlCan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post