Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old Today, 09:24 AM   #1
cm29579

Default What was standard on an AUIII XR6?

I went to look at one yesterday, which I didn't buy, but noticed several odd things missing which I believed to be standard on the Series III.

Power windows in the front only - I thought they did away with that in anything above the Forte in SIII.

Non IRS - Definitely thought IRS was standard on all XR's SIII

I didn't think to check (nor would I know what to look for) if it had the optional LSD, but based on the other things missing, probably not. It did have the plastic/fibreglass side skirts, but not the grey insert type, and the rear bumper was not the wire mesh either.

Brave bloke to turn down a cash offer only $650 short of his asking price.
cm29579 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 07:58 PM   #2
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: What was standard on an AUIII XR6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm29579 View Post
I went to look at one yesterday, which I didn't buy, but noticed several odd things missing which I believed to be standard on the Series III.

Power windows in the front only - I thought they did away with that in anything above the Forte in SIII.

Non IRS - Definitely thought IRS was standard on all XR's SIII

I didn't think to check (nor would I know what to look for) if it had the optional LSD, but based on the other things missing, probably not. It did have the plastic/fibreglass side skirts, but not the grey insert type, and the rear bumper was not the wire mesh either.

Brave bloke to turn down a cash offer only $650 short of his asking price.
You can check over specs from the brochures posted here -

https://www.fordforums.com.au/photos...ry.php/cat/601
https://www.fordforums.com.au/photos...ry.php/cat/602

I suspect you were looking at an XR6 HP, which was the entry level model.

The XR6 HP only had front power windows, front and rear on XR6 VCT and XR8.

For XR's, IRS was only standard on XR6 VCT and XR8. That applied to AU and AU II as well.

Body wise, only the XR8 got a full body kit, buyers had the NCO choice of either the Ford Racing Body Kit (mesh rear bumper and accent coloured side skirts/rear bumper) or the Tickford Body Kit (available across all Falcon/Fairmont sedans).

Both of those kits were a Tickford option for XR6 HP and XR6 VCT, they otherwise had the standard Falcon rear bumper and the new side skirts that were introduced across the AU III sedan and wagon lineup.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: