Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 24-02-2005, 11:05 AM   #31
Pik0

My mate has a 1994 BMW with pretty much everything custom (paint, wheels, interior, etc) and over 5k insurance bill, i have no idea how he affords it...
Pik0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 11:07 AM   #32
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was working heaps when I was at uni, my grade suffered but I had cash for mods. I have decided I want to go back part time and continue working full time. I dont really like uni.
Old 24-02-2005, 11:20 AM   #33
BoZZa17
Lovin the Manual.

haha
i rent with a mate from highskool
so most of my cash goes to food house rent electricty ect....
BoZZa17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 11:56 AM   #34
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEF6
How do you manage 38 hours per week?? I have around 25 contact hours of uni a week, are they really slack on that at UNI SA on contact hours or something??
1st yr uni had 28hrs contact, its now down to 18, but 2 days are dedicated to Honours investigation. The 38hrs came from working nightfill. For example

My mondays+tuesdays use to suck.

Work 4:30-9:00am
Uni 10:00-4:00
Work 5:00-12:00midnight

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 12:23 PM   #35
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

I am doing Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Accounting) at Monash Peninsula. So expect to hear stories of Yagz and I ripping up the carpark in the coming months.
Old 24-02-2005, 12:25 PM   #36
EFFalcon
Last warning

hmm... i'll listen out then ;)
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 01:17 PM   #37
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Doing Computer Systems Engineering at the University of Queensland. I'm fortunate enough for the olds to pay for pretty much everything (staying at college), but the degree keeps me flaming busy, and don't really have time to work a job, except over holidays. I usually afford about $50 a fortnight towards mods, but usually being a tight **** or too busy to go out, that usually stretches to $100.

But damn I take my hat off to you guys taking a job at the same time. I could never fit that in.

Comming soon: T04Z, plenum, TrueTrac.
donno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 01:31 PM   #38
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah some of the stuff people take on is huge! I have 12 contact hours a week and work on average about 10hours a week although my car was paid for in cash so i don't have to work all those extra hours to pay off my car, oh and i'm single at the moment so that helps a lot, more car and alchohol money for myself :
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 01:54 PM   #39
Hotwire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
1st yr uni had 28hrs contact, its now down to 18, but 2 days are dedicated to Honours investigation. The 38hrs came from working nightfill. For example

My mondays+tuesdays use to suck.

Work 4:30-9:00am
Uni 10:00-4:00
Work 5:00-12:00midnight
Well that would explain it. I suppose if I were single, I would've been working alot more rather than spending each night with the mrs.
I was the same, around 28 hours contact first year, 24 for second and third years, and now its around 18 contact hours as well.
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post