Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-06-2006, 03:46 PM   #1
2002auxr6
Drunk!

Default Anyone hear have a aftermarket warranty

If you have who is it through and have you had some good dealing with this company or are they ripoffs

2002auxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2006, 04:27 PM   #2
max
LWBforME

Before you buy one read the fine print with a law man.
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2006, 04:52 PM   #3
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My experance as the guy doing the work, is they arnt worth 2 knobs of goat . As said by Max read the fin print generaly Oils and lubricants arnt covered you MUST have all your services prefomed by a licenced work shop and post in the warranty coupons (you miss one youve waste your money) seals typicaly arnt covered, it generaly only covers drive line components and even then if they deem the repair will make the vehicle better than it would generaly be for make model an distance traveled it either isnt covered you your asked to contribute to the cost.

Do your self a favour take the money you were going to spend on it and put it in the bank then at the end of the term you will generaly be ahead.
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2006, 06:32 PM   #4
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Had a customer with a VT and an extended warranty, they paid for a new ABS module for it in december ($750 approx) and then paid for his diff to be rebuilt in april ($700 approx) this customer got his monies worth.

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2006, 07:36 PM   #5
CobraLeMans
Horsepower Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
Had a customer with a VT and an extended warranty, they paid for a new ABS module for it in december ($750 approx) and then paid for his diff to be rebuilt in april ($700 approx) this customer got his monies worth.
Agreed, he did get his moneys worth but on the flip side, he still had to pay the gap between your repair cost and what the warranty network will give as a maximum claim toward a repair.

Anyone looking to get these types of extended warranty covers would be wise to read exactly what is covered and exactly how much they will pay if your car does fail.
CobraLeMans is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2006, 08:04 PM   #6
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraLeMans
Agreed, he did get his moneys worth but on the flip side, he still had to pay the gap between your repair cost and what the warranty network will give as a maximum claim toward a repair.

Anyone looking to get these types of extended warranty covers would be wise to read exactly what is covered and exactly how much they will pay if your car does fail.
Customer paid nothing on the ABS module repair and he paid about $28 on the diff repair (oil and collapsable spacer)

Old 02-06-2006, 08:06 PM   #7
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not indicating all ext warranties are good as I have seen some dodgy results as well

Old 02-06-2006, 08:10 PM   #8
Scott

I'm currently talking to Esanda about Warranty Insurance for the GT-P. 3yr 50k's is $1300.00. If I was in Vic, I would seriously look at RACV Warranty as theirs is cheap as compared to most others. Think outside the square, many finance & insurance companies have Vehicle Warranty Insurance, I have told Esanda about my mods and am waiting for them to say if they'll still cover it.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2006, 09:26 PM   #9
39ClevoUte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I bought my Ghia BA 2003 last month (which I had had as a company car), I asked the Ford dealer about extended warrenty. There was two types:
1) from Ford, covered everything as normal for 3yrs or 150000 or something was about $1500,
2) the dealers warrenty covered mechanicals only, not body, $700 to buy. Maximum cover on each "claim" or major part $2000.

Last edited by 39ClevoUte; 02-06-2006 at 09:27 PM. Reason: added bit
39ClevoUte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post