Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 06-06-2006, 03:40 AM   #1
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default Brett Stevens Surprises With Third Falcon Doorslammer (pic)

Only weeks after launching his brand new Jack Daniel’s Racing Falcon Top Doorslammers to be driven by himself and wife Kath, Drag Racing Champion Brett ‘The Boss’ Stevens has surprised fans by announcing the Brett Stevens Racing team will now be running a third GLENFORDS RACING Falcon Top Doorslammer at Willowbank Raceways Winternationals.

The Glenfords Racing car has been built to identical specifications to his other two Top Doorslammers and will be driven by Team Crew Chief Steve Packman.

Packman is no stranger to the driver’s seat however, cutting his teeth in Drag Racing in the Super Stock bracket for 4 years before turning to engine building. He arrived at the Brett Stevens Racing team in 2000 where he has headed up the engine development program ever since.

“Packy’s (Steve Packman) past driving experience coupled with his intricate knowledge of the 3000 horsepower supercharged sedans make him an ideal person to drive the new Glenfords Racing Falcon Top Doorslammer,” Stevens said.

“He has worked alongside me now for a number of years and I have every confidence in him to get the job done for the team.”

“It is an exciting time for Brett Stevens Racing and I can’t wait to get all of our vehicles to the track to put on a show for all of the fans out there.”

Packman is equally as thrilled to be joining the highly competitive Top Doorslammer ranks in his new duel role in the team as Crew Chief and Driver.

“I would like to thank Brett Stevens and Glenfords Tool Centres for this opportunity, I can’t wait to get back in the drivers seat,” Packman said.

“The new Falcon Doorslammers we have built are some of the most advanced Drag Cars anywhere in the world in terms of design and engine development, so we have all the ingredients to really make our presence felt in the bracket.”

“I haven’t put any huge expectations on myself straight up as I still have a lot to learn about driving the cars, but in saying this I’m definitely not going to be taking it easy.”

“I will be grabbing this opportunity with both hands and I am determined to do my part to ensure the team’s overall success.”

The new car was built entirely in the Brett Stevens Racing chassis shop whose recent products include the worlds fastest Top Doorslammer (Aaron Lynch), the Australian Top Alcohol Funny Car record holder (Brett Stevens) and the three quickest and fastest Harleys in Australia (Troy McLean, Brett Stevens and Kim Stevens).

The Glenfords Racing Falcon Top Doorslammer is set to debut alongside the Jack Daniel’s Racing Falcon Top Doorslammers at Willowbank Raceways Winternationals from June 9-11. The Winternationals is the pinnacle event in the Australian Drag Racing calendar and is also the final round of the National Drag Racing Championship.

Pace Yourself. Please Drink Responsibly

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2006, 11:23 AM   #2
rodderz

Looks nice, pity we wont get a chance to see them in Vic!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2006, 11:43 AM   #3
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Looks nice, pity we wont get a chance to see them in Vic!
Mite have to have a road trip to the WSID .rodderz .. know a few wannabies that would be up for it .. :eclipsee_ :eclipsee_

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2006, 01:10 PM   #4
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
Mite have to have a road trip to the WSID .rodderz .. know a few wannabies that would be up for it .. :eclipsee_ :eclipsee_
I will be in it for sure Whoosha, we should set a date.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:03 PM   #5
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
I am in, I went to the East Coast Nats last year with Rod it was awesome racing, Zappia done a 5 sec pass....I know where there are some good places to stay....

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2006, 06:44 PM   #6
ricthewheelie
Frantic Ford Fanatic

At last I wont have to look at a bunch of GM products going down the strip in top doorslammer, I'll have some Fords to cheer on
Old 06-06-2006, 07:10 PM   #7
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

That look's tough, I love it.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2006, 11:38 PM   #8
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

i will post some vids of his cars in action after this weekend
Old 08-06-2006, 04:36 PM   #9
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Got Stiddy on the job he"s going to let us no the next big meet. with the stevens rockets are racing . also have afew more that are interested in coming along so will give you a call with a plan ... :eclipsee_ :

Cheers Whoosha

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2006, 06:40 PM   #10
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
Would be a great idea Whoosh, time will tell if we get any more big meets down here and a road trip up the hume would be a great idea!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post